Texas-Houston

Wedding in Galveston

Hi ladies, does anyone have any ideas on a beach wedding?  Places to celebrate afterwards?  We are doing a very smallm, intimate wedding (about 40 people).  Original plan was to do the wedding at my fiance's mom's house however, his step mom is not crazy about the idea. :(  Now...we are back at square one!  We are getting married in February!!!! not alot of time....I am freaking out!  Any help would be great.  We also want to keep cost down - we are paying for the wedding and are also in the middle of remodeling home we will be living it together.  2nd wedding...

Thanks brides!

Re: Wedding in Galveston

• edited December 2011

Are you sure about a beach wedding in Galveston? Some times February can be kind of cold. If you want a beach wedding you can look at Island Wedding's website. The owner is Connie Claypoole. When I looked at places in Galveston, everyone mentioned Connie. I think she has kind of a private area where she holds ceremonies.

Since your wedding is small, you could book a room at a nice restaurant or maybe do cocktails and appetizers on the beach. You should start checking into things soon. I made phone calls like crazy when my venue double booked my date and I had more time than you.

Good Luck!

• loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a note, average high is 67 degrees in Galveston in Feb.

Maybe check the area hotels to see if they have a small banquet/meeting room available.

Moody Gardens hotel has meeting rooms available for intimate dinners. (http://www.moodygardenshotel.com/meetings_special_events/meeting_rooms/)

Hotel Galvez has small rooms available, you can email them for additional information: groups@wyndhamworldwide.com.

St Luis Resort has a conference room and also banquet rooms, you can request a proposal online (http://www.sanluisresort.com/meetings-conferences/erfp/index.cfm)

If your wedding is around valentine's, you need to start reserving a space soon
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on the beach in November.  The weather was cool, similar to what you will have in February, or maybe slightly cooler.  Best thing is to check Farmer's Almanac. Is there a reason why you'd like a wedding on the beach?  Just curious.

We had our reception at the San Luis Hotel and couldn't have been happier with our choice.
  • edited December 2011
    the Guido's resturant is a good choice for food, and they may even have a banquet room, i think........their food is a-maz-ing!!!!!
  • mksmith5mksmith5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Guido's used to be good, but the quality has declined in the last 10 yrs.
  • kelbel3kakelbel3ka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Galveston and think that downtown (strand area) would be a great place to celebrate after the wedding. We had a huge wedding (300 people) so we used a big venue called the Tremont House (pretty pricey). 

My brother and sister-in-law just opened up a venue called the Bienville Social. It is located a block away from the strand and it is designed for smaller more intimate wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners. It is very well priced and gorgeous! The website is www.bienvillesocial.com and if you are interested in getting more information about the location (price, date, time, etc) please request to speak with Jene Adler and let her know that Kelly Adler Dimmick referred you to the website. 

Good luck with the rest of your wedding plans!
  • snookums4closnookums4clo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinkg about getting married in Galveston. I saw a place online called Island wedding in galveston. The owner is Connie and she is really nice and she will try to work with your budget. I understand where your coming from trying to have something small but not too expensive. February is cool but its Texas so who knows. I would get the average weather to see what its like around that time of year. I also was considering South Padre since its warmer for a beach wedding. Try end of February maybe you will have better luck with the weather. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards