Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Alternatives to Flower Bouquets for Wedding Party

I'm not a fan of flowers and i'm trying to save some money. Anyone have any interesting alternatives for my Wedding party to hold as they walk down the aisle? My wedding month is March - my colors are silver and cerulean (a kind of blue).
Cindy Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alternatives to Flower Bouquets for Wedding Party

• Options
    baskets, fans, parasols, candles, Bibles, book of poetry, clutch handbag, pomander, single stem flower (calla, for example), three roses tied together with a ribbon,
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I am doing a vintage brooch bouquet, not on the cheap side but maybe you could buy one brooch for each girl to wear.  I am going to do that with the mothers instead of flowers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_alternatives-flower-bouquets-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:66ef6458-c0ac-471d-9673-dffeb84e7997Post:508b35e2-3959-4b3a-9a5c-8316e8e6af75">Re: Alternatives to Flower Bouquets for Wedding Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing a vintage brooch bouquet, not on the cheap side but maybe you could buy one brooch for each girl to wear.  I am going to do that with the mothers instead of flowers.
    Posted by gschiesser[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.. I am really fascinated by this! Do you have a photo?
  • Options
    I haven't started my bouquet yet but here is where I got the idea from.

• Options
    I'm in the same boat so i found a few ideas and sent them to my BMs... We're going with clutches with a few flowers in them... the clutch will be something like the bright pink one, I will carry a white version :)

• Options
    I suspect that the cost factor is the real reason you don't want to use flowers. What does that mean that you are not a fan of flowers? Do you have something against them?

I would go with carrying a single flower.
  • Options
    I'm so with you on the not being a fan of flowers and because of that, I'm doing lanterns.  Not paper lanters, but real metal lanterns, these ones actually:

we're putting a white LED flickering candles in each as to not have an open flame, since that could be bad.

Even though I have plenty of time until my wedding; we already have a mock up of what it will be:

Not including the tartan ribbon, the lanterns and candles were under $100 for all 4 of them.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards