Texas-Houston
Options

New Knottie

hi ladies..

i just got engaged so i'm a new knottie.. yea!!  i've been to two bridal shows and i am not sure where to start.. i'm so excited that i can not sleep.. any thoughts??

em+leeLaughing

Re: New Knottie

• Options
    ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just breathe! start looking through the photos on here and in magazines to start getting ideas.  After I got engaged I went to the knot and looked up green and blue weddings.  Well I saw a peacock feather as a decoration on a program and thought wow that is pretty cute.  My fave color is green while FI is blue.  I asked what he thought about using that and he liked it! Well it worked for me!! so now they are EVERYWHERE! But that is all it took was just one little photo! Good luck!
  • Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! and congrats :)  Just relax and enjoy it for a few days, planning will get stressful so just relish it for now.

The first thing you want to do is narrow down a time frame of when you want to get married and create a rough guest list to get an idea of how big you want your wedding and what size venues will work for you.

I would agree with ib4eplz, just peruse some pictures to get an idea of what you like and don't like.

welcome and congrats again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!

what side of town are you on?

do you have a date in mind?

tell us a little about you and your fi.....
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats and welcome! tell us more about you and your wedding!
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! You are going to get a lot out of this board. I found more than 1/2 of my vendors through these great knotties.

Such an exciting time for you! Pick a date and everything will start falling into place. I also try toI would narrow down what is important to you and work on from there. For me it was Food, Photography, Music.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    EmF2011EmF2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies:

Thanks so much for your suggestions.. I 'think' we decided on a date.. August 29, 2011. I'm not sure about colors or a venue, at this point.. I'm thinking immediate family and VERY close friends. If I haven't talked to you within a year, no invite.. I'm working on my guest list, right now.. I'm thinking no more than 160..

My Fi and I are very excited about getting married.. We have some time, so I am going to work on my list (as suggested by you all) and enjoy the thrill of being engaged (FINALLY)!!!!!

I'm about to go meet my honey for lunch at The Black Walnut in Rice Village.. I will check with you all later..

em+lee
  • Options
    EmF2011EmF2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    in live in The Woodlands and he lives in Sienna Plantation...

em+lee
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_new-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:b93f882d-775f-460f-b5ad-7ec66c5f57dfPost:9a6196d6-4ee6-4238-8027-9c1a98f0edaf">Re: New Knottie</a>:
    [QUOTE]in live in The Woodlands and he lives in Sienna Plantation... em+lee
    Posted by EmF2011[/QUOTE]

wow!! that's quite a distance!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for you!  I agree, this board is AWESOME!  Everyone is SO helpful and they just add so much joy to the planning process!  Never be afraid to post any questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards