Texas-Houston

Restaurant Ceremony & Reception

I'm running short on time and planning a long distance wedding is starting to become overwhelming because we cant make a choice.

We're trying to stay under $10k for 100 guests so we opted for a restaurant reception and if we can have the ceremony in the same place all the better.  Most restaurants I see only have reception areas so that cuts it down quite a bit.  Any ideas of place that have both? 

He's not up for a banquet hall, I'm leaning towards something with an outside area but in July they'll probably burn up so I can skip it.

Brady's Landing was a top contender price wise but the area is very industrial and the huge cargo ships just arent visually appealing.  It will do  if nothing else pops up in the next few weeks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Restaurant Ceremony & Reception

• auggiewedauggiewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Maggiano’s in the Galleria area?  I looked at them and they should be well under your 10k budget.
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Cullen's in Southeast Houston/Pasadena area. It is a restaurant that was opened about three years ago. Just went to a wedding there a few weeks ago where they had the ceremony and reception at the same place, just in different rooms. It is really nice.  Also, the room she had the reception in was connected to a patio so smokers could go outside and such easily.

For a Sunday reception, with 150 people I was quoted around $5,000 when I was interested in the facilities.

The website is http://www.cullenshouston.com/. And if you want, I can forward the proposal they sent me so you can see what all I was offered under that price tag.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Hey PJS001 could you send it to me in a PM or email it to me at krfalls2@yahoo.com. I was also thinking about Cullen's Houston but wasn't sure how much they were going to cost and what all was included. We are having about 100 people. I have Brady's Landing as one of the other venues on my list as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Also check out the Wildcat golf club.  Very nice place.  We are holding a function there in Feb.  The prices are great and you should come in under budget.  The only problem is that they dont have pics of the actualy ballroom on line.  However, this is the place where a lot of the pro atheletes play, so I am sure it will suit your needs.  www.wildcatgolfclub.com 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking at Cullens online right now looks great.  Please send over the quote - jackie_rs88@yahoo.com.  Thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You  should also check into The Grove at Discovery Green- it's really pretty! That was our second choice but the first choice won in the end.And the prices are really good too.
  • edited December 2011

PJS001-Can you send me the proposal that you were given from Cullen Houston?  email it to mthibodeaux2002@yahoo.com.  Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards