Rhode Island

Got my dress!

Today was crazy. At the last minute, my mom and I decided to take a ride up to Yolanda's for the last day. This was the VERY FIRST time I was trying on gowns, so I had no expectations, except to not buy a dress today. I ended up taking home the second gown I tried on. It's a brand new dress by Lazaro. Here's the link: http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Fall/2009/Style-3956

Re: Got my dress!

• edited December 2011
    Very elegant! What color did you get? The link has a few extra letters in it, I'll post the pic for you
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    [IMG]<a href="http://i27.tinypic.com/2v1kec1.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i27.tinypic.com/2v1kec1.jpg</a>[/IMG]
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Em&MC2BEm&MC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    very nice detailing. congrats on a BIG check done
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    you're going to look so beautiful!!! congrats mary :-)
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    What a beautiful dress!  Congrats!
  • kerrijunekerrijune member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations! it's beautiful!
  • melinda478melinda478 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Its very pretty!
  • KBARGLOWSKIKBARGLOWSKI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats. It is beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! The dress is gorgeous!!
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous, congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous! You're making me nervous; we're the same date and I haven't even thought about dresses yet. And my ticker tells me "only" 405 days. Haha. Congrats on finding "the one" on your first try!
  • chixfilachixfila member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! It's so pretty
  • mam217mam217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Very pretty- I love Lazaro dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Just beautiful
  • mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls! It was only available in ivory, which is the only thing I'm not crazy about, because: 1) I've been told that the groom and GM need to wear ivory shirts now, so I don't look darker, and 2) I have no clue what jewelry will work with this dress. My ring is white gold/platinum and very bright sparkly, and the dress' sparkle is much different. Any ideas?KB - Don't stress - I was totally not thinking about buying a dress or even really looking before Saturday. It still makes me nervous how quickly I made this decision. We have plenty of time for all of these details, tho!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome!My dress is "natural" so not quite as yellow as ivory....but the guys are all still wearing white shirts.  White shirts are pretty standard, so no one will even notice the subtle difference.  I knew I couldn't get a white dress b/c I am so pale.My ring is also platinum and to be honest I never thought about how it would look next to my dress.  If you have coordinating earrings/necklace/bracelet, it might make everything look more cohesive?  Congrats on finding your dress!!
  • mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I am seeing some white shirts/ivory ties and vests that look nice, and it wouldn't look bad against my dress, so I guess you're right on that. Jewelry, I'm just worried the platinum look will clash because of the tone. My dress is a definite ivory and the bling on the front is almost a yellow gold glow. It's beautiful, but I definitely prefer the white gold look. It's a tricky part of my look, but I guess I could just keep it simple with earrings....*sigh* stress...
  • edited December 2011
    The tux people told me that too - but we still went with white - white and it looked just fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing pearls.  Maybe that would work for you, too?  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    That dress is absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats on such a big check!!
  • mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I thought about pearls, too, and that's an option, too.Thank you girls for all of your wonderful feedback and advice. I'm so excited about it now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards