Rhode Island

Vendor Reviews (Part 1)

Venue-Quidnessett Country Club-B-: for the most part, our reception flowed pretty well. The food was awesome and was served promptly. The room was set up just the way we asked, and guests seemed to be enjoying themselves. I’m giving them a B- because of a few things. 1-I felt as though the coordinator was in our face all night. I mean, at one point, she came up to us to say that she was going to start serving dinner…I was like “ok, just do it! We would have figured it out when the waiters started coming around.” She continued to come up to us to tell us they were setting up the chocolate fountain, etc etc. Another thing that bothered me was that just before 11:00 she went up to our DJ and said “ok, so we’re going to wrap things up around 11?” my DJ had to tell her “No-they paid for the room until midnight, so we are playing until then.” I mean yeah, the guests had started winding down at that point, but honestly, if we wanted to stay until 12:00 with just 10 guests left, then we had every right to do so!!! Finally, it was HOT in there. It was uncomfortable to dance….I mean, really really hot! Granted we got married on one of the hottest days of the summer, but I kind of feel like a venue such as that (that you pay A LOT of money to hold your reception at) should be able to cool down the room. I went up to the thermostat myself to see what it was set at, and the coordinator ran over to me and said that it was on the lowest setting and she couldn’t do anything about it. Ceremony- Our Lady of Czenstochowa- A: Bob’s uncle is a priest, so he performed the ceremony, but Father Steve at the parish helped us with all the necessary steps and paperwork, and made the process so easy! Limo- Mike Traversie- A: Mike is an independent contractor that drives limos for several local companies. Mike is great to work with and has a good personality. He was a complete gentleman the day of the wedding, dressed to the nines, holding an umbrella over me to shield the sun, and helping my mom out of the limo. Our limo itself was from Five Star Limo, and it was great. In fact, we were supposed to have the party bus, but it broke down the day before the wedding, and Mike called us to let us know, and assured us we would be all set. We ended up getting a more expensive limo for the same price :) Flowers- Jeff & Co- B+: Jeff’s work is amazing! My bouquet was gorgeous, and the BM’s were just as nice. I didn’t have floral centerpieces, but he did so much with the little that I gave him to work with-the tables looked great! Two comments though-when he delivered the girls’ bouquets, they smelled a little like cigarette smoke. It wore off shortly, but I was still kind of put off by the smell. Also…the hydrangea in my bouquet was wilted by the time we took our formals. Now I knew this ahead of time…they don’t hold up well in the heat, especially out of water. I expressed my concern on this when we first met, but he assured me that it would be fine. I just wish he would have wrapped them or something…. Hair- Sam C- A: what can I say about Sam that hasn’t been said? I LOVE her!!! My hair looked AMAZING!!!! Makeup- Tracy Ryan- A: Tracy was an absolute doll to work with. She is sweet, and super responsive, and her prices can’t be beat ($25 trial, $50 for day of). During my trial, she redid the makeup a few times until I was happy with it and didn’t charge any more. The day of the wedding, she arrived early and brought me a little bag of goodies. My makeup looked awesome! She was definitely a good choice!

Re: Vendor Reviews (Part 1)

• edited December 2011
    Do you have contact info for Tracy Ryan?  I was looking to have makeup done for my wedding, and her prices seem great.  TIA!
  • edited December 2011
    Katy - Who was your DOC that day? That's crazy that they would wrap things up an hour early! I don't even think they offer a package that ends at 11! Sorry you had to deal with that extra stress!
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• kcabral80kcabral80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure- Tracy's # is 401-230-7828...if she asks who referred you, you can say it was Katy :)Jen-it was Liane...and I was surprised because i had worked with her during the planning process and she seemed ok...maybe she was having a bad day or something!
  • stargrl3785stargrl3785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's sad for me to hear because I had Liane as well and she was awesome and not in our faces at all.  I barely saw her all night, actually.  Our reception went off without a hitch and our guest still tell us how great everything was.  I think she might have just been having a tough day...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards