Rhode Island

Vendor Reviews (Part 2)

Gabrielle Marks Photography-A: Gabrielle is a doll, and her husband is great to work with also! They really went above and beyond our expectations. They showed up early and stay much later than they needed to. We even “fired” them after dinner but they wouldn’t stop shooting! Our teaser pics are amazing-we are in LOVE! The best part is that we almost didn’t make it to the billiards place because the limo could not stick around long enough, so Matt and Gabby whisked us away from Quidnessett in their (much needed) air-conditioned car so that we could get those shots in. and we are SO glad we did! Videographer- Jeremy Folster- A: I’m giving Jeremy an A so far based on his personality and responsiveness. He was fantastic to work with over the past few months and his presence on the day of the wedding was amazing. He was super friendly and not at all in our faces. I’ll update once I see the finished product! DJ- All 4 You DJ- A-: Glenn and Anne are fantastic! They were so organized and responsive throughout the entire process. Detailed brides…this is your DJ! Anne helped the reception to flow smoothly, and Glenn kept everyone on the dance floor! My only tiny complaint was that we were supposed to do an anniversary dance, but they waited a bit too long, and all of the older couples had gone for the evening. NE Photobooth- A: we have absolutely no complaints about NE photobooth! They showed up on time, stayed later than they needed to, and even worked through half of their dinner even though it was supposed to be their hour off. The two attendants were great to have onsite-one showed guests how to use the photobooth, and one stood by and assisted with creating the scrap book. Which…our scrap book is fantastic by the way! They even added in all of those little stickers on some of the pages with wedding sayings and other wording. also, our digital galleries were up and sent to us just 3 days later! Cake- Julie Amaral- B+: Julie is a friend of the family, and she did a wonderful job on our cake. The cake was simple, but elegant, and tasted pretty good. For what we wanted and what we paid, we were pleased with how it turned out! Honeymoon- Liberty Travel- A: I worked with Karen at the Warwick Mall location. She put together a great package for a really good price. She took care of everything for us…all we had to do was show up at the airport :) Dresses & Tuxes-Ana’s Bridal- D: Oh Ana’s….the only reason I am not giving them an F is because my dress looked great, and in the end all of their mistakes were resolved before the wedding. To sum it up- This place sucks-seriously DO NOT GO THERE! The only reason why I did was because they were the only place within 50 miles that carried the designer for my dress…but from day 1, we had issues….they promised us a deal on everything because we were buying all dresses and tuxes from them (7 dresses and 11 tuxes) yet when we were ready to purchase, they said they never agreed to that. Then, they called about 2 months before the bridesmaid dresses were supposed to be in, and said that they had come in early and everyone had 30 days to pay the final balance. I’ve heard of paying the balance before alterations begin, but seriously, no one was prepared for that on such short notice- especially when they have stupid rules about the balance being due in cash only. Next up, my BM dresses had a lot of stitching that created almost “bustle-like” pick-ups all over the back of the dress. Before I ordered the dress, I asked if that could be removed because I wanted the dresses cut tea-length. I was told it wouldn’t be a problem. I even went with my MOH for her first fitting to show them exactly what I wanted done to the dress-again, all of the stitching could come out-no problem. Fast forward to the week of the wedding, I find out from one of my BM’s that they left two of the stitches-one on each side of the dress. I called Ana’s and was told that in order to remove those, it would require taking apart the entire seam of the dress, and if I wanted it done it would be another $15-$20 per dress. I told her that alterations should have been free, and she said that what I was asking for wasn’t an alteration it was a cosmetic fix of the dress. Regardless….this was NEVER brought to my attention when I ordered the dress the year before or the month before at the fitting! What it came down to, was that they got to the end, realized it was going to be too much work, and then fed me a bunch of BS to get more money. I almost just paid the $120 to have them fixed because I wasn’t going to make my BM’s pay more at that point. Well in the end, I didn’t love the dresses, but I didn’t down-right hate them, so it wasn’t worth the money. Finally, the tuxes were a DISASTER! They make you go in 4 months before the wedding, but then the tuxes get delivered the week of the wedding! 7 out of 11 tuxes had issues-shirts too small, pants not hemmed, wrong sizes altogether, missing shoes. My dad’s tux came in the DAY BEFORE the wedding. Bob’s nephew’s tux jacket had to be picked up the MORNING OF the wedding. One of the other groomsmen’s jacket didn’t fit and the girl at Ana’s told him “oh well you must have gained weight because we measured you right.” Then, the same girl is telling Bob’s dad that whoever measured him must have written down the wrong numbers, and he looks right at her and said “it was you”. What an idiot!

Re: Vendor Reviews (Part 2)

• edited December 2011
    lol at "It was you"Aside from that craziness, sounds like you had a really nice day!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That's awful about Anna's, I remember your posts.  I know Tracy Ryan, too funny!  Glad your day went great.  Looking forward to seeing your pics. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards