Rhode Island

Photographer and florist recommendations for a Glen Manor wedding (Portsmouth, RI)

Does anyone have recommendations for photographer and florist for a RI wedding next June?Thanks!

Re: Photographer and florist recommendations for a Glen Manor wedding (Portsmouth, RI)

• edited December 2011
    Cregg Annarino is an amazing photographer. I'm using him for my wedding in September 2010. Other great RI photographers are Rupert Whiteley, Kristen Spencer & Sabrina Scolari. I haven't booked my florist just yet, but I've seen a ton of great reviews for Jay from Golden Gate Florist. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    What style of photography are you looking for? My photog is Jennifer Leatherwood - she's got a few dates open for 2010. Also check out Zenobia Studios and Faith Dugan.
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    Well....I'm using Melissa Robotti for photos and Florals by Alisa for flowers.  I am absolutely thrilled with my choices.  :-)  Did you have a particular style or budget?  There are a TON of photographers and florists around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ewaisb01ewaisb01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone used Armor and Martel?How do you pick if there are so many? What websites aside form the knot do you guys use? What "styles" of photographers are there?
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    photojournalism (candid) and traditional (portrait/posed) I suggest a photographer who uses a variety of styles to get the best of both worlds, the formal pictures and the spontaneous unscripted pictures. Chattybrides.com has a nice list of photographers and florist under Resource section. My favorite is Eric Laurits and Jennifer Leatherwood. Melissa Robotti, Kristen Spencer and Lisa Rigby also do amazing work. I stalk their blogs regularly. As for florists - Flowers by Semia, Jeff and Co, Tangled Web, and Studio 539 are my favorites. They are all very creative and are known for their professionalism. Semia is pricey but she is well worth it. Another name worth mentioning is Toni Chandler. GL~
  • edited December 2011
    Highly recommend Florals by Alisa- Allie and Lisa went above and beyond my expectations- I actually cried when I saw my flowers. Our photographer was AMAZING!! There was not a single picture that we did not like and he was awesome to work with! A splurge for us but well worth it.  He is Scott Zuehlke (www.scottzphotography.com). My wedding was also in June :-)
  • MCarmineMCarmine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Nelly of Lumina Images. She's awesome to work with. I can't say enough good things about her. [URL]<a href="http://www.luminaimages.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.luminaimages.com</a>[/URL]I also recommend Liberal of Milestone's Florist in Fall River, MA. He is soooo creative. [URL]<a href="http://www.milestonesflowers.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.milestonesflowers.com</a>[/URL]
  • edited December 2011
    We used Florals by Alisa for our florals and like Cat, I cried when I saw my flowers because they were just so beyond gorgeous.We used Gabrielle Marks for our photog and love love LOVE our pics!  Both florists & photogs are going to vary greatly upon your budget... if you have a rough budget, we could probably assist you further! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am a Golden Gate bride for flowers.  Kim Praast is my abslute favorite photographer.  So glad I snagged her!
  • MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Toni Chandler was my florist...amazing!!! Bob Perachio was our photographer Elegantbliss.com He is in MA but will obviously travel to RI GL
  • ewaisb01ewaisb01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard of Faith Dugan? Someone mentioned her name to me but he's another photographer so i'm not sure if I should trust him. Let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Glen manor next June as well! We are using Melissa Robotti for photography-she is awesome, i love her work. We also met with Faith Dugan and I really liked her, ultimately I just liked Melissa a little more-both are amazing photographers though. For flowers we are using Jeff & Co. Good luck!
  • mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've booked Rupert Whiteley as my photog, he's got a very unique style but from what I've seen, the photos come out beautiful. The bride and groom end up looking like they belong in a J.Crew catalogue :-) His website is rjwphoto.comMy florist is Jeff & Co - he's really sweet and so far, fun to work with. He works with almost any kind of budget, too!Good luck!
  • fosterlizfosterliz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You must check out www.jeffturnerphotography.com We had our engagement session with him, and he makes you feel so at ease.  He is young, so that is good, as he is not jaded yet..... Looking forward to our wedding in just 9 days!  
  • kerrijunekerrijune member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is Melissa Robotti...and she has been great so far. We took our engagement pictures this past weekend and it was so much fun! Our florist is Toni Chandler. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Faith Dugan, Melissa Robotti and A Brilliant Photo. Also, Studio Nouveau in Mass. are fantastic (and blog-stalk-worthy) but a bit out of our range. I have lots of pricing for many; page me if you're interested.
  • edited December 2011
    KRISTIN SPENCER - she just shot my wedding - and she has amazing pictures of the Glen on her website www.kristinspencer.com  
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I've heard of Faith Dugan...she's my photographer!  I would absolutely recommend meeting with her.  Her work is so good and she's so much fun to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using The Flowers Girls for my florist.  If you have a tight budget she can work miracles. I am using MIke from Skorski Photography.  But other photographers that the girls mentioned are great too.  It really depends on what you are looking for in your photos.
  • pmpkn219pmpkn219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used MKDPhotography.com - LOVED them (see review in bio). Would recommend them to anyone.My friend used Studio Nouveau (I'd never seen that name around here!). They were really nice and her wedding is on their blog... it took them an eternity to get her previews/pics though. I had mine first, and I got married 5 weeks later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • melinda478melinda478 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Rupert Whiteley. Just posted some teasers a little ways down. Loved him!! Also a huge fan of Jennifer Leatherwood. For florist we used FBA as well. Love Allie and Lisa. My flowers were amazing and fresh!
  • solynyksolynyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Rupert Whiteley for our photographer, and we're so excited! I've heard good things about Olivia Gird also.
  • Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using David Bibeault for photo & Florals By Alisa for flowers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards