Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Decorations for ceremony site

This is where we will be standing during the ceremony. (Of course all of that junk will be moved.) The chairs are dark brown. Any ideas on how to decorate this area? Should we do any kind of arbor?(I think thats what its called :\)

Re: Decorations for ceremony site

• I was thinking arbor but I didn't know what it was called! Yeah, that would be really pretty! 
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Something to frame the ceremony would be nice.  We used a chuppah (wedding canopy) we made ourselves:

However, you could also use an arch or arbor, or a pillar on each side.
  • You could get one of those lighted and decorated arches as well.
  • I think the typical white wedding arches or white columns would look kind of flimsy in that setting.  The view is simple but very nice, and just adding a well dressed bride and groom, and wedding party will dress it up, lol.  The tropical trees will make a very nice backdrop. 

If you want to use decorations, stick with something simple.  Something simple, natural, and not too "froo-froo" looking.  Maybe a wooden trellis or arbor, or a chuppah type canopy would be nice.  Or decorate the balcony railing with some simple garland or vines, with a few potted flowers, and maybe a couple of pedestals with large arrangements or flowering plants on them. 

If it will be at night, some lanterns, luminarias, or twinkly white Christmas lights would add a nice touch.

Just make sure everything is either weighted down, or attached to something so it doesn't blow over if there is a breeze.

• Check out www.thesassybride.net They just had a wedding on there with a really pretty chuppah. I am gonna do something like what they posted for my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards