Rhode Island

My reviews! Part 2....

Now I'll do the earlier part of the wedding day.  Again, scale of 1-5, with a 3 meaning my expectations were met but not exceeded.  Dress: Wishing Well Bridal - 5I went to a LOT of bridal stores.  I knew what I wanted, but I couldn't find it.  On my 2nd trip to WW, they could tell I wasn't happy, and asked me to SPECIFICALLY describe my dream dress.  I did....and the lady went into the back and pulled out a dress.  It was PERFECT.  I bought the sample since it was discontinued, so it was half off.  Can't beat that!  Everytime I went in there, they called me by name.  We also bought 3 BM dresses there, and they came in almost exactly when they said they would (I think a week earlier?).  Since my 3 BMs live OOS, they did their alterations elsewhere.  Alterations: Sewing Creations by Rose - 5I can't say anything nicer about Rose than what's already been said.  She made me LOVE my dress.  The day before the wedding got very busy for me, so I didn't have time to pick up my dress.  I sent my FMIL and FSIL to get it and she gave them a handwritten note to give to me, wishing me a sunny day and a wonderful forever.  She is a sweetheart.  Hair: Sam Colavolpe - 3Sam doesn't work at a salon so she came to the hotel to do all our hair, which is exactly what I wanted.  She brought everything she needed and then some, so everyone was able to have their hair done how they wanted.  My mom and my sister have short hair, so she was just going to blowdry theirs.  My other sister has really fine hair, and Sam took her time to make sure it would all stay up.  And of course she took a long time with mine to make it perfect.  :-)  I wish we'd started my hair earlier b/c it set back the rest of the morning, but it's ok.  She's very chatty so she kept the conversation going.Makeup: Kerri from Skinplicity in NK - 5At the last minute, I decided I wanted mineral makeup.  Kerri from Skinplicity is excellent with the Youngblood line.  I LOVED my makeup.  She also did my 3 BMs' and my mom's makeup.  One of my sisters never wears much makeup and she looked AMAZING.  I had asked about getting fake lashes, but during my trial with her, she said I didn't really need them, so I didn't have any.  I was impressed since so many people will do whatever gets them more money!  She had a very calming sense about her, which was so appreciated in all the craziness of the morning.  She never got flustered.  I truly enjoyed having her there.Flowers: Florals by Alisa - 6Am I allowed to break my own scale by giving them a 6?  Sure.  I absolutely loved my flowers.  This really surprised me.  I didn't think I'd be that into them.  But they were gorgeous.  Our guests talked about the flowers the most.  I gave them a list of flowers I liked, and a list of flowers I hated.  And then said GO.  And they did!  I did not want to put my bouquet down.  Which is saying something, because that sucker was heavy.  They really worked with our budget without cutting anything.  LOVE.Tuxes: MW in Warwick - 4We've all heard the stories.  Of grooms in capris.  And my groom got them.  Haha.  Luckily, we also knew what to do.  He tried everything on two days before the wedding, and they fixed his pants.  They upgraded the shirts for EVERYONE (the upgraded shirt has a slimmer fit and looked way better than the tent that was the first shirt!).  The manager personally drove around to 5 MW locations in RI to collect the new shirts from their on-hand inventory.  Miguel.  He's awesome.  So, not a 5 since we did have a few minutes of fear.  But not a 3 because of the extra attention we got to make sure everything was perfect.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My reviews! Part 2....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards