Rhode Island

Venues with a budget?

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for ceremony/reception venues in RI, preferably ones that have an outdoor/beach type feel to it.  Our guest list is probably about 150 and we're on a budget.  We're interested in having our own catering, and a more casual feel to our wedding.  Any ideas and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  Some ideas I have so far to check out are Mount Hope farm, Kinney Bungalow and Colt State Park.  Any other suggestions, feedback or comments?  Thanks!  Laughing

Re: Venues with a budget?

• smooches71smooches71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,

I'm looking for ceremony/reception venues in RI, preferably ones that have an outdoor/beach type feel to it.  Our guest list is probably about 150 and we're on a budget.  We're interested in having our own catering, and a more casual feel to our wedding.  Any ideas and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  Some ideas I have so far to check out are Mount Hope farm, Kinney Bungalow and Colt State Park.  Any other suggestions, feedback or comments?  Thanks!  Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    How about Easton's Beach Rotunda? It's right on First Beach in Newport and it includes a beach ceremony and carousel rides for your cocktail hour!
    http://www.cityofnewport.com/departments/economic-development/ballroom/home.cfm
  • edited December 2011
    Connection to the outdoors was big for us, too. I was going to suggest North Beach Clubhouse at Narragansett Town Beach but the max there is 100 people. We loved Kinney and Easton's Beach. Those  were our second and third choice. There's also The Meeting House at Tiverton Four Corners but 150 might be too large. You could check, though. You'd have a tent outside for dinner and use of the meeting house for dancing. Whispering Pines in West Greenwich has an outdoor feel, but more woodsy/lake-y than beachy. The rental fee isn't too terrible on a Sunday and you get 10 overnight rooms with it and stuff for s'mores around the campfire at the end of the night. But you can't bring in your own catering, which kind of killed it for us. We're doing a laid-back mixed grill menu from a clambake company. GL!
  • smooches71smooches71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  Yes, the North Beach House was our first choice, I LOVE it there!  But we really can't do 100 guests because both of our families are huge.  I will look into the other places that were suggested.  Thanks so much ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    you could also look into the vineyards...none of them are right on the beach, but i think some have water views--sakonnet vineyards in tiverton, there is also newport vineyards and greenvale in portsmouth.
  • edited December 2011
    You just described what I want for a wedding!  I am looking for an outdoorsy venue for about 130 people and would love to have our own caterer...and I'm so frustrated because I can't find anything that fits.  Kinney Bungalow would be a good choice, I went to a wedding there and it was lovely, I just can't get over the layout of the building, I really want the dancefloor to be visible from the tables. I agree with jhonnysbride that Easton's Beach Rotunda would work.  I got excited the other day because I found a new venue that I thought was awsesome, a vineyard in Stonington, CT, right over the Westerly border called Saltwater Farm which is on the ocean...but they emailed the prices and it is WAY out of my budget.  :^(  I'm looking into Crystal Lake next because it has that outdoorsy/water vibe, but they provide the food.  Good luck to both of us! 
  • eclipz19eclipz19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a place in Narragansett someone mentioned a long time ago that fit I think 300 but I can't think of the name.  It was a condo association's reception hall and the rental fee was really cheap but you had to be a condo member.  Does anyone remember?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards