Rhode Island

Mother In Law dress

My mother in law to be is having a hard time finding a dress. Where did everyone mom's buy their dresses in RI. She is looking for somethign with a little jacket. My mom got her dress in CT with my dress.

Re: Mother In Law dress

• EmandMC2BEmandMC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just outside of RI- I've heard many people have good luck with Party Dress Express
  • edited December 2011
    has she tried sassy and classy in EG?
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    Not sure where in RI your MIL is but I would suggest trying Pentangle in Mystic CT.  Its a sweet little dress shop the has bridal, ball, and formal gowns.  Rumor has it Meryl Streep got one of her Oscar gowns there.  Good prices.
  • edited December 2011
    Wishing well and bridal and gift have a huge selection.

I would not rec bridal and gift.  They took my moms money for a dress that was d/c'ed 4 months ago.  How could you not know it was d/c'ed in Oct?!?!?!!? I would use them to look, but definately buy elsewhere.

wishing well has been a dream to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    My future MIL found her dress at La Bottega in Johnston, and my mom is planning on going there, too...
  • edited December 2011
    My mom got her dress at Wishing Well. I agree with livelaugh that they are a dream to work with.
  • caralinda1985caralinda1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom also got hers at the Wishing Well.  Love working with those ladies!!
  • edited December 2011
    Why not try the regular stores.  I really don't understand the need for the MOB or MOG to buy a "wedding" outfit.  Both of our moms are just wearing nice cocktail dresses.  Try Saks, Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, etc.  They all have great formal wear departments but the stuff doesn't look "mother of the bridey."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards