Rhode Island

Wedding themes and calling South County brides!

Some of you "know" me from this board when I was planning my recent wedding, but there are a lot of new ladies here, so hello!

I'm writing a story for a local magazine about carrying a theme throughout your wedding and I'd love to get your ideas about popular themes you're seeing during planning or that you're incorporating starting with your STDs, carrying through invites, reception decor, etc. Feel free to tell me your theme below to help me brainstorm a bit. :-)

And I have a special request for any South County brides (from East Greenwich south - either those who live there or who are getting married there; both is even better! - who are using/have used a theme in their wedding. If you'd be willing to talk to me about it for the story, please leave me an e-mail address or PM me as soon as you can. I'd love to chat weddings with you!

Thanks for your help!

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wedding themes and calling South County brides!

• edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at the Crowne, but we'll be taking photos along Main St. and the waterfront in EG..then eventually head down to Goddard Park...we want a nice mix of scenery and we frequent Main St (me especially). The storefronts are excellent backdrops.

[email protected] if you want to know more :)
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey, thank you! Unfortunately, a Warwick venue is too far north for my editor but I really appreciate it!!

I love Main Street in EG! That should make for great pics. Also at Goddard Park I love that little footbridge near the carousel building. Could make for fun pics like these:

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    no worries!

i love those first two! thanks so much KB!
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I am getting married at the Towers in September. I live in NJ, but grew up in RI. We are trying to weave a RI theme through everything! We've sent "Greetings from RI" save the date postcards already. :)

Heather 
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just pm'd u
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • cgorman1313cgorman1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance ane I live in New York.  He grew up vacationing in RI, and last summer we spent  10 days there and i fell in love with it.  We got engaged New Years Eve, and are planning an August 2011 wedding at Kinney Bungalow.  We are attepting to stay with a very low key, laid back theme, as we are not formal people.  Somewhat beach themed in colors, with Sunset Farm in mind.  Has beeen very overwhelming, as i would have just like to elope, but the family would have had nothing to do with it.  
  • mommasocomommasoco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BEACH ~ BEACH ~ BEACH! 
    Invites to centerpieces, favors etc....

Shells, starfish, sand, and flip flops for the ladies if the high heels they are wearing start to hurt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards