Rhode Island
Options

Gifts?

What is everyone getting for their maids/matrons of honor and bridesmaids?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gifts?

• Options
    Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a bunch of different gifts for each girl based on their personality & put them all in Tote's with their initials on them ... One gift each girl got was a pashmina to wear day of wedding incase it was cold (which it was!) but that was the only wedding related gift.  I also paid for my MOH hair & makeup in addition to her gifts.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was one of the biggest stressors for me.  My BMs were my two sisters and my SIL.  I didn't really know my SIL too well, but I didn't want her to feel different just because she wasn't my sister. 

I ended up getting them all earrings, a bracelet, and a necklace (to wear the day of, if they wanted to), all in a silk jewelry pouch embroidered with their initials (pouch was from etsy).  I think that was it.  Ha.  I suck. 

I also got my MOH a GC to a spa near her home in Texas for a maternity massage, since she was 8 months pregnant at the wedding.  I gave that to her separately, the monring of the wedding. 

We had pashminas available for all our guests, so my BMs got one of those, too.  We also did the flip flop thing, so they got those too. 

In retrospect, I should have paid for their hair and makeup, which was $35 and $40.  Oh well.  At least I got them good prices on that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at the canvas tote bags, I will probably get each of my girls one with their monograms.  I love the pashmina idea! 
    I don't know about the jewelry thing, one of my girls is very particular about the jewelry she wears and I certainly can't afford to get her style for everyone!  Thanks for the input and I'll take more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement! You picked the same weekend that I had this year and the weather was wonderful!! I went with monogrammed toted and flip flops and jewelry (earrings and a bracelet for them to wear that day) The totes were awesome because everyone packed them up and I didn't have to carry a thing. My girls had extra gloss, band aids, pashminas you name it and they looked cute because they all matched and matched their dresses.
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had 3 girls. I didn't want to do jewelry etc because i wanted them to be able to accessorize how they wanted to. I was in my sister's wedding a few months earlier and loved that I didn't have to be matchy matchy and got to choose my own jewelry and shoes.

I got each of my girls a purse off of etsy. It was a clutch that went with their dresses and a pashmina wrap as thank you gifts for my shower.

as a thank you gift for the wedding. I scooped up so much stuff after xmas. i got huge tote bags and filled them with bath and body works stuff and all spa like stuff. i think I threw in a light weight bathrobe and made them each a tank that had their role on it.

i also paid for their hair and make up if they wanted it done.

It sounds like a lot as i type it out..but they threw me one heck of a beautiful shower :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Hey,

You should check out http://www.Ahlersgifts.com, this company has helped out a few of my friends as well as given some gifts to the city (The Mayor's key). They have a large array of designs that are used on their famous Magnets, Business card holders,Fish Bottle openers, and so much more. Take a look at let me know what you think.

Good Luck!!
  • Options
    JessiTessJessiTess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to have a pendant made for each of my BMs from Silver Tides.  If you're a local RI-er you might have seen them at some of the craft shows.  Her pieces range from approx $20 - $100.  Most of my BMs have some of her work already, but on the less expensive side. 

That will be their main gift.  Not sure what else I'm going to get, I'm thinking maybe a brown / blue Vera Bradley tote (matches the wedding colors) and putting some goodies in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards