Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

No Unity Candle or Sand Mixing for us, but...

I can't think of anything creative that we can do at the alter - and keep! Any suggestions?
It's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way. Frank Sinatra

Re: No Unity Candle or Sand Mixing for us, but...

• Because we are both religious, we are doing a unity cross, as it represents our relationship.

KristenWB - could he do the shot on his way into the reception?  I'm like 57 rainbows, very traditional and conservative, so the idea of vodka during the ceremony just seems odd.

What about the love letter box?  You each write a love letter for 5, 10, 15 years, etc., and then a bottle of wine from your reception for each anniversary as well.  Open one bottle during the ceremony, so you can have your first sip then.
  • We did a Cord of Three Strands from www.godsknot.com.  We loved the symbolism of each strand and the message we were able to share with our guests.  Once we can get a shadowbox, it'll be hanging next to our Marriage Covenant.
  • I love the wine box idea!!!
    It's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way. Frank Sinatra
  • I bought an awesome vase that I would otherwise display in our house.

We are going to do a "unity candle" type thing, just with floating candles.  I have the large vase I bought, and I bought 2 smaller cylinders.  Our moms will use a long match to light the floating candles in the 2 small cylinders, and then FI and I will use long matches to take the flame from the 2 floating candles in the small cylnders to light the floating candle in the vase.

After the wedding is over, I'll just display the vase in our house as I would any other vase.

Or like PPs said, you really don't have to have any unity ceremony if you don't want one.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards