Rhode Island

Has Anyone Had An Outdoor Wedding At Atlantic Beach Club? April Wedding

My wedding is in April outside at Atlantic Beach Club. I am nervous about the weather! But I am also nervous about the other factors. Not being able to hear over the wind, birds, ocean, or loud cars. We will be using a microphone, but I'm still nervous if the wind is blowing too much, or birds pooping! Has anyone had a wedding there, and what was your experience? Also, is an aisle runner a good idea? Will my heels poke through or will the wind make it not stay down? Please let me know!!!!! Thanks!!! 
Marla :)
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Has Anyone Had An Outdoor Wedding At Atlantic Beach Club? April Wedding

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Marla,

I am getting married next door at Easton's Beach Rotunda in late May during Memorial Day Weekend. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to prevent mother nature from raining on our parade...uh wedding. The noise from the waves, sea gulls and beach goers just come with the territory of hosting an outdoor ceremony on the beach. We don't expect complete privacy either. However, my venue coordinator has assured us that with the mic set up, our guests will be able to hear us. We are only have maybe 40 people present and our ceremony is less than 30 minutes. No aisle runner as I decided to decorate with colorful Chinese lanterns hooked to the corner of the chairs. I know a bride who used decorative sea shells to outline a aisle too. I had a choice to get married on the concrete pavilion but choose the beach so I wouldn't need an aisle runner. We also have an arbor to use at the ceremony too.  As for shoes, I have not decided if I want to wear my fancy flip flop or completely go barefoot. I am saving my heels for the reception and switch back to flip flops if my feet start to hurt. You can even go barefoot too. :-)

If you are determined to wear your heels, check thesolemates.com for heel support and if you do use a runner, use a rug liner underneath so you don't kick up the liner as you walk down with your heels on.

• edited December 2011
    Hi.  We are having our rehearsal dinner at ABC and are working with Elaine.  Not sure if you are working with her as well, but when we met with her a few weeks ago, she was a wealth of knowledge!!!  I'm sure she'd be happy to answer your questions for you and make suggestions to ensure you are most comfortable with the space, aisle, etc....  She used to be the coordinator at Castle Hill and has many many years in the "wedding" industry in Newport, so I'm sure she's gotten your questions before and probably has some good suggestions/solutions.  Good luck!  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards