Rhode Island
Options

Where to stay for Newport bachelorette?

I'm from Boston, so I don't know the area, but I know that we want to go out downtown at night for dinner and bar hopping.  Any ideas for where we can stay on a Saturday night in September?  There will probably be 15 of us.

I'm also open to any suggestions you have for what to do during the day.  We were thinking of going to the wineries.  Any other ideas?

TIA!!

Re: Where to stay for Newport bachelorette?

• Options
    BellaBride29BellaBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Boston as well and going to Newport for a girlfriend's bachelorette on a Sat night in late July.  We're staying at the Pelham Court (http://www.pelhamcourthotel.com/default.html), it's the only place in Newport that didn't have a two night minimum.  They have a few different types of suites, I'm staying in a one bedroom suite with three friends and I think it's a little over $100/person.  The rates may be  less in September.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can let you know after June! We are going there for my bachelorette but I'm not sure where we're staying yet. There are lots of great places though. Other ideas for things to do during the day...shopping and the spa!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It really depends upon your budget....
  • Options
    Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Newport for my bachelorette.  To save money my friends rented a party bus & we stayed a hotel in Warwick - it worked out great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're on a budget and are staying at the jailhouse inn.  8 of us in 2 rooms, with 2 queen beds in each room.  I don't know if it'll be any good, cause the bachelorette isn't until august.  We also looked at pearls, and the mill street inn, which were also somewhat budget friendly (for newport, that is!).  

For those of you who've already had your bachelorette, what did all of you do or what are you planning to do?  Where did you get dinner and which clubs and bars would you recommend?   The problem with mine is it's on a wednesday night.  Anyone have any newport summer wednesday recommendations?  
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey There

I was born, raised and llve in Newport so I can give some suggestions.  You didn't mention the month you will be heading down for your weekend.  Anyway, during the day if you are looking to do the winerys you can hit Sakonnet in Little Compton on your way down, Greenville (? regarding the official name) in Portsmouth on Wapping Rd which is off of 138 and then the Newport Winery's which is in Middletown on your way into Newport.  There is also great spa's you can do before a nice dinner and then dancing.  The Hyatt just renovated their spa and if your weekend is in the summer months you can use their facilities to include pool which overlooks the Narragansett Bay, etc. for the day.  The Viking also has an incredible spa as well.  

There is also plenty of shopping, a day at the beach if July or August, you can take a boat tour around the Harbor or a sail cruise...if the water isn't your scene the mansions are fabulous, walking the Cliff Walk and heading out to Ocean Drive and have a cocktail at Castle Hill.

Dinner I would suggest Bowens 22, The Mooring, Sardella or Puerini's if you are dying for great Italian, The Red Parrot for pubby food or The Brick Alley great spots for lunch.  Dancing I would head to the The Pelham or Newport Blues Club who always has a good band playing!

Accomodations is hard pending the time of year but I would definately stay in town so you don't have to worry about drinking and driving.  Check out the B and B's ...Jail House is nice.  If you have any questions regarding B and B's and their location just ask and I can always tell you if you are close to town or not.

Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kath and Dave.  I think we're gonna stay at the mill street inn.  the jailhouse quoted prices that became a lot higher when it came time to actually book.  My bachelorette is on a wednesday in august... random, but it's right before the wedding since we've got a lot of people from out of town who won't be there until a few days before the wedding.  

Thanks for the dinner and dancing recommendations!
  • Options
    DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Vanderbilt House
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards