Rhode Island

Gifts for both sets of parents??

Right before our wedding I would like to give both sets of parents (bride and grooms) a nice generous gift as a thank you for everything they have done to contribute to our wedding day. I am definitely planning on blowing up a formal picture of each of our families on the day of the wedding and putting these in a really nice large frame. The only problem with this idea is that we won't get these professional pictures back from the photographer until well after the wedding is over and I want to give them a gift prior to us leaving for our honeymoon. Does anyone have any good ideas or know of anyone else who did something nice for their parents?? Any kind of ideas would be appreciated (small or big!!!). I'm really having trouble with this one. Thanks!

Re: Gifts for both sets of parents??

• edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing the same thing- at the rehersal dinner, I plan on giving the frames to the three (my fiance's parents are divorced) sets of parents, with a heartfelt note of appreciation.  In the note, I plan on explaining that a picutre from the wedding will be on its way.  I plan on chatting with my photographer to make sure that the frames I select will be compatible with the size pictures she prints. 
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We gave our parents big frames that had a mat with 3 holes for pictures in it. We put engagement pictures of us in the outer slots, and a note of thanks in the middle that said we would be printing photos wedding photos to put in the frame after the wedding. They were a big hit! It worked out great for us. It looked really nice with 2 pictures and a well typed note in the middle. I'm attempting a PIP, but if it doesn't work let me know and I can email you pictures or the note we used in the middle. It's sideways in the picture, but hopefully you get the idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I love both of the above ideas!
    Amy, the picture worked and what a nice idea! I would love it if you could send me the heartfelt "thank you note" that you wrote for your parents and put in the frame. I would never mimic your exact note but it would definitely help give me an idea/outline of everything that is important to mention in the note. Thank you so much! Lindsey

• AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_gifts-sets-of-parents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:b7ef6fff-a996-44ff-888e-690a9d74f96fPost:8880ce0d-e85f-4024-91c7-3e6b17410789">Re: Gifts for both sets of parents??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love both of the above ideas! Amy, the picture worked and what a nice idea! I would love it if you could send me the heartfelt "thank you note" that you wrote for your parents and put in the frame. I would never mimic your exact note but it would definitely help give me an idea/outline of everything that is important to mention in the note. Thank you so much! Lindsey
    Posted by lhannouch[/QUOTE]

I can definitely send you the note. Email me at amy.l.cutting at gmail.com and I'll send it to you. And I don't mind if you mimic the note. To be honest, I blended 2 other notes I found online and adjusted it a little. It doesn't have to be unique to be heartfelt :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Amy, Just in case my email address doesn't go through to you for some reason my email address is  lhannouch@gmail.com. I'm emailing you tonight! Thank you so much!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am thinking of taking both sets of parents out for a very fancy dinner. I am thinking about doing it when we get home from our honeymoon. I was going to have really pretty invites made up before the wedding letting them know and put a really nice personal note in each.
  • edited December 2011
    We bought our parents digital frames and uploaded all of our engagement pics.  We are now going to upload all of our wedding pics as well.  I got the idea from a knottie.  Everyone loved them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards