Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

I'm thinking i'll have to go with the Plan B wedding....

Due to some health issues my mom is having I was really thinking of postponing the wedding.  My mom refused of course so that's when I came up with Plan B wedding.  I was thinking a destination wedding with just a ceremony and only the immediate family and then hang out somewhere afterwards.  I live in the Dallas area and was wanting to stay in TX since more than likely we'll drive.  I'm not sure how to go about all this so I'm really needing some ideas.  We are pushing the wedding up shooting for September, since that is when my dress will be here, or October of this year. I did look online at some places like San Antonio, Houston, and Galveston.  I want an outdoor wedding. If you know of any places to go please let me know. 
Thanks!

Re: I'm thinking i'll have to go with the Plan B wedding....

• Post this on your local board (see link to left for "Local Wedding Boards"). They will have better ideas than the brides from all over who are on this board.
  • San Antonio has a lot of really nice resorts around it in the hill country. Might try looking around there or even at some wineries in the area. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_im-thinking-ill-have-to-go-with-the-plan-b-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:7a16c5da-bba0-4434-b4c1-b23d39303bfePost:81db0196-1a66-469f-95aa-7caa01d15395">I'm thinking i'll have to go with the Plan B wedding....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Due to some health issues my mom is having I was really thinking of postponing the wedding.  My mom refused of course so that's when I came up with Plan B wedding. <strong> I was thinking a destination wedding</strong> with just a ceremony and only the immediate family and then hang out somewhere afterwards.<strong>  I live in the Dallas area and was wanting to stay in TX since more than likely we'll drive.</strong>  I'm not sure how to go about all this so I'm really needing some ideas.  We are pushing the wedding up shooting for September, since that is when my dress will be here, or October of this year. I did look online at some places like San Antonio, Houston, and Galveston.  I want an outdoor wedding. If you know of any places to go please let me know.  Thanks!
    Posted by mmolina25[/QUOTE]

Just a wording thing--I wouldn't consider a wedding within your own state a DW. I agree with checking your local board, but on your invitations and what not, or when talking to people about the wedding, I probably wouldn't call it a DW since that is not what it is, and also some people might hear DW and automatically assume it's far away and they won't be able to attend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Definitely check your local board for recommendations. 

How many people total are you thinking about?  What is your budget?  You could try finding some restaurants that might have some private outdoor space, or some parks, or even renting a private residence that might work.  Then you can find a nice restaurant to have dinner and celebrate after (this would technically be your reception, which means you'll be picking up the tab, so make sure to include that in your budget).

Good luck!  I hope your mom's health improves.
    Anniversary
  • Sorry to hear about your mom's health issues!  Parks, historical sites and museums are great places to start a google search! Best of luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In San Antonio I would use a mission? In Johnson city I would use the Lady Bird johnson preserve.  I believe there is one in Austin also.  TX has many places for outdoor weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards