Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Cocktail hour

What do you do at a cocktail hour if you are not serving alcohol? do you even call it that?

Re: Cocktail hour

• Options
    I personally would be puzzled if you did call it a cocktail hour and then no alcohol was served.  But I also have no idea how else you would refer to this chunk of time!

Is this for your invitations?  I'm sort of wondering why you need to call it anything.  The only time our cocktail hour was referred to by name was on the wedding day timeline for our vendors.

How about "Please join us for hors d'oeuvres and refreshments at four pm.  Dinner will promptly follow at five"?
  • Options
    Hospitality Hour?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever really heard the "cocktail hour" formally referred to as such to the guests.  I think everyone pretty much understands the concept of munching and mingling until the bride and groom arrive.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    don't call it a cocktail hour, maybe serve apptitizers and non alchoalic beverages, call it social hour, appetizer hour, something like that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards