Rhode Island
Options

ICE CREAM BAR/STATION

Does anyone know of any place that does this?  Also, if anyone has used it?  Pricing?  Any input would be great!!  Thanks!

Re: ICE CREAM BAR/STATION

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone - it might have been Em&Jeff2009 - did last year and I thought it was Cold Stone through their caterer, which might have been Russell Morin but why am I thinking not? I just remember her saying the line was huge and it took up a lot of her reception time, but maybe if you page her and she still pops in, she can fill you in on the details. (Or if any other longtime Knotties remember more than I do ...)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also remeber someting about Morins doing it in conjunction with coldstone. I also remember hearing that it caused a huge line but the guests loved it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One other thought to consider - a gelato station.

I'm getting married at the Village Inn and they recommended Nana's Gelato in Narragansett. I think we're going to do it. It's $4/person, and it includes 6 flavors of your choosing, cups/waffle cones and a staff person to serve if you'd like.

It's a unique alternative and might save a bit in terms of the line since you don't have to deal with a bunch of toppings and all that.
  • Options
    jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_ice-cream-barstation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:ec612117-8f2a-4077-b240-e2fbc0e8dd0cPost:687cc1c1-6523-457b-a06b-e4f5be19d148">Re: ICE CREAM BAR/STATION</a>:
    [QUOTE]One other thought to consider - a gelato station. I'm getting married at the Village Inn and they recommended Nana's Gelato in Narragansett. I think we're going to do it. <strong>It's $4/person</strong>, and it includes 6 flavors of your choosing, cups/waffle cones and a staff person to serve if you'd like. It's a unique alternative and might save a bit in terms of the line since you don't have to deal with a bunch of toppings and all that.
    Posted by Jdolce[/QUOTE]
    I'm so excited you posted about this!  I was going to research it for my wedding next July.  Is the $4/pp based on the number of people you have or is that their standard fee?  I'm just trying to get an idea of how much this is going to cost us.  TIA!
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Em&MC2BEm&MC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think that it was coldstone and russell morin from what I can remember. I think it's a great idea but I would try to have more than one server to help with the lines. You may want to ask your own caterer as thay may be able to accomadate an ice cream bar- I know ours(Valley CC) offered it even though it wasn't "advertised"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked in to this too. Nana's Gelato is $4/person standard and Coldstone was really close to this price-maybe $4.25 or $4.50/person. I also looked in to Fusion Gelato which was right around the same price. You'll pay extra for more flavors and waffle cones at some of the places.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i found the info from coldstone. it's $4pp and include 4 ice cream flavors, 10 toppings, set up, 2 staff members, clean up, caramel and fudge, whipped cream, cherries, 2 hrs of serving time and they add a 20% gratuity on to the bill.
    for nana's, i was told $3.95 pp by one person and $4.95 pp by another person. with a $50 fee per server.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh and newport creamery does an ice cream bar, but its a 75 person minimum. it ranges from $3.50-$5.75 pp depending on whether you pick a sundae or how many scoops etc.
    i think coldstone charges a little more for the waffle cones too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry for all the replies-coldstone requires 100 person minimum.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the Newport Creamery thing.  I wanted an ice cream truck to pull up as the ceremony was getting out, so it had to be mobile.  There was a 75 person minimum, but we just paid it and said feed as many people as you can.  We only had 95 guests so we were no where near 75.  It was $2.75pp at the time.  We did 5 flavors, single scoop.  Everyone loved it, still talk about it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a heads up all Cold Stones are franchised so the owners do it differently. Newport does just and ice cream bar. East Greenwich does an ice cream bar. But they also have a portable stone and can do the whole Cold Stone experience. It obviously costs more but it's really nice.
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing this at our reception, but it is offered through our Venue...Lake Pearl... COld stone would be amazing though!  I just think its such a cute/fun idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want a Newport Creamery station, and to have a Del's stand!  I think that would be an AMAZING desert selection!  So glad to near NC does it, and reasonably priced!  Any idea on Del's?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I went to Nana's Gelato, I was told by the owners that it would cost $3.95/person for a wedding in April 2011 at the Village Inn. That might be an off season rate or maybe less than others were told due to location.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards