Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

winning a wedding/ having wedding sponsored

Just wondering if there are any contests going on outside of wedding shows where you can win your dream wedding, or how would one go about possibly having their wedding sponsored to help cut down on costs.

Re: winning a wedding/ having wedding sponsored

• There may be. But if you find one, please don't ask the ladies here to vote for you. Those contests are frowned upon around here and usually the ladies will vote for anyone besides you.
  • There are plenty of contests, but most are scams.

You could just do what the rest of the world does and set a reasonable savings plan, do it, and pay for your own wedding.  
  • Also keep in mind that the winners of most of these contests forfeit any and all rights to any sort of say in the wedding plans.  You just get to show up, you don't get to complain about how they do it.  Definitely not what I would have wanted.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • The only authentic ones I know of are TV shows, Rich Bride Poor Bride or Wedding SOS or whatever (these might be only in Canada...).  You apply and they give you a wedding planner and sometimes also $5000 towards your wedding.

Other than that, ditto PPs to save up and have a wedding you can afford.
  • I would plan for the wedding you can actually afford. If that means putting things off for another year or so to save up, then so be it (That's what I had to do).

Entering a contest (If you manage to find one) doesn't automatically mean you're going to win, so it would be rather unwise to bank on one paying for everything.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards