South Carolina
Options

Brunch Reception & Wedding??

Hey Everyone!   We are just starting the planning process.  We are going to Hilton Head in a couple weeks to look for places.  I think it would be really cute to do a brunch reception with a mimosa and bloody marry bar, and omlet and grits station?  what do you all think about that? I feel like it will be cheaper and sooooooooooooo fun!  who doesn't love brunch? My finace isn't loving the idea yet, but I think it sounds fun.  So maybe I can talk him into it.  Another good thing about it is that, my whole day won't be filled wth stress and anticipation.    I am thinking the ceremony can be at 10 or 11...then the reception can be until 4 or so. then we can still hang out afte that.  Any thoughts?  Or stories to share?Thanks!Debbie

Re: Brunch Reception & Wedding??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea!  I really seriously considered it but FI was not very happy about getting up that early.  You'll save money, be able to have a cool different menu, you can have the ceremony and reception early in the day and then have a nightime celebration later on for the younger people.  It's such a great idea!  Good luck if you choose to do it, I think it'll be great!
  • Options
    CoffeejunkieCoffeejunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended on that was at 11am with mimosa's , breakfast cassaroles, danishes, grits, etc.- it was awesome- GREAT idea!!!!
  • Options
    bearby15bearby15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just have to see if I can talk my FI into it.  Wish me luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's pretty much what I'm doing! I love the idea. We're having an 11am ceremony, which will actually be pretty long so the reception will start around 12:45/1:00. Then we're leaving around 5 or so. I love that I get to just wake up and get married... none of this waiting around until the afternoon! Actually, the best part is that my fiance and I get to leave around 5, get to our hotel, eat our to-go dinner from our caterer in our room and we have the entire night to relax and enjoy our wedding day! :) It's a GREAT idea!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bearby15bearby15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cmarie586,are you getting married in Hilton Head?  If so do you have any suggestions of places that would be perfect for the brunch reception?Thanks!Debbie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a brunch reception wedding at the Planter's Inn in downtown Charleston. The food was unreal and the whole day was perfect. It worked out nice too because we had the afternoon/evening/night to ourselves which was really nice. I have details in my biol HTH!
  • Options
    tiffanyloneytiffanyloney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a jazz brunch wedding at the Wild Dunes Resort in Charleston. We feel like what a way to end a "wedding" weekend.We plan to have a jazz band and do the reception outside on around a pool overlooking the beach.
  • Options
    MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be different and have fun with it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards