Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

How do you find your ceremony reading(s)?

HI Ladies,

I've been searching for readings for our outdoor Cape Cod ceremony for the past two days and I'm going a little crazy. We are having a religious ceremony, but I don't want the same scripture readings allllllll of my friends and family have already used. I thought it'd be cool to find some type of reading that's related to the beach or ocean, and I'm just not finding anything that says "THAT'S Dawn & Keith!" How did you ladies find your ceremony readings?? Thanks so much!
BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How do you find your ceremony reading(s)?

• Options
    Did you want something specifically from the bible? 
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2010
    It doesn't have to be. I guess the ideal would be one reading from scripture and one "contemporary" reading. If there was something about love and the ocean/beach in the Bible then I'd probably really like it! I think I'm more interested in prose than poetry though. It can be hard to follow the message when everyone's making sure the lines rhyme. At this point I'm really open to anything. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had a hard time finding ones I liked, too, so I just asked the pastor who's marrying us and told him I didn't want Phillippians 4:13 or anything else every other bride tends to choose. I have heard Phil. 4:13 at EVERY wedding I've ever been to. Anyway, he came up with a great list of passages to choose from. So I suggest just giving your pastor a call. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards