Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

POLL: Ceremony Introduction of Bride and Groom

How are you being introduced? 

Are you being introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Last Name? Bride first name, groom first name and you last name? Others?

Thanks 

Amy Jo 

Re: POLL: Ceremony Introduction of Bride and Groom

• We did first names only because I kept my maiden name.  I didn't want to give guests the impression I changed my last name.
  • I'm not sure we are being introduced at the ceremony. That is our officiant's choice. If we get a choice, I'd ask to skip it. Right now, the plan is for me to keep my name, so any true introduction would be silly. "I would now like to introduce Jason Smith and Elisabeth Jones." If they didn't know our names by the end of the ceremony, they're not helped by introducing us at the end.

If I were taking his name, I would ask for "Mr. and Mrs. Jason Smith" to indicate that I was taking his name and that I was OK with the old-fashioned "Mrs. Jason Smith" form of address. I can never get out of my head Amy Vanderbilt's denegration of the "Mrs. Elisabeth Smith" format, not that I feel anyone else should have my feelings on the matter.
  • We did HisFirstName and MyFirstName OurLastName (H's last name). I hate going by Mrs. H's firstname Ourlastname. I didn't lose my first name when I got married, KWIM? Just a personal peeve of mine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • We had a self-uniting ceremony, so we weren't introduced at the end of the ceremony. 

For the reception, we stuck to first names for the reasons littleluckypenny said, I'm not changing my name either.
  • I am considering Amy and Nathan and his last name.  I am considering taking his last name and take my maiden name as my middle name.  Professional I'll be know as Amy Maiden Name New Last Name.  Outside of my career and business I'll go by Amy and his last.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_poll-ceremony-introduction-of-bride-and-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:8a81aa3b-248e-4a15-83cc-f118b23e0ea9Post:f87fe93d-d196-4d3d-a061-e7fbbd626532">Re: POLL: Ceremony Introduction of Bride and Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did first names only because I kept my maiden name.  I didn't want to give guests the impression I changed my last name.
    Posted by littleluckypenny[/QUOTE]

same here
  • We're doing my first, his first, our last.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The plan is: Mr. HisFirst and Mrs. MyFirst OurLast (FI's last).  My mother thinks it is "ridiculous," and we should do the traditional Mr. and Mrs. HisFirst OurLast, but I've never liked that format.   My name will change when I get married, it doesn't disappear.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • We had our officiant say "Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you for the first time as a married couple, Cackle and Monkey!" (first names only) I thought "I introduce Cackle and Monkey" would be awkward, since everyone obviously knows us, so this way it sounded a little better. :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_poll-ceremony-introduction-of-bride-and-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:8a81aa3b-248e-4a15-83cc-f118b23e0ea9Post:ec452eb5-88f4-4df5-9f3d-bae1d7f948cd">Re: POLL: Ceremony Introduction of Bride and Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did HisFirstName and MyFirstName OurLastName (H's last name). I hate going by Mrs. H's firstname Ourlastname. I didn't lose my first name when I got married, KWIM? Just a personal peeve of mine.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    After the ceremony our priest presented us as Mr. and Mrs. His First, Last Name. We never really talked about it, but I was fine with this as I am changing my name (although I had thought about continuing to use my maiden name professionally at one point) and I am not offended to be addressed like this.

We did talk about this wtih our DJ for the announcement at the reception, and I am pretty sure he did Mr. and Mrs. Last Name. It was all kind of a blur.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I don't know if we even had an introduction at the ceremony.  I think he just said that we could kiss and people clapped.

We did not have an introduction at the reception, we just walked in and sat down for dinner, did grace, ate.

I'd say your choices are:
    Mary and Fred  or
    Mary and Fred Smith
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
    Whichever you prefer. Ladies first if you're saying the names.
  • I hadn't even thought about this... I'm keeping my maiden name, so I really have no idea how we should be introduced. Maybe we just won't be formally introduced. 
  • We didn't do an introduction.  We were married at a B&B and needed a segueway to the reception.  The Reverend said "You may kiss the bride."  Immediately after that he told the guests to stay in their seats, that champagne was being served and my brother would do a toast before everyone went inside for dinner.  It also saved having to decide how to be introduced as I didn't change my name.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards