Texas-Austin
Options

PSA: Brides Against Breast Cancer Dress Sale in San Antonio

In case anyone is still looking for a good deal on a dress, there is going to be a charity wedding gown sale in San Antonio weekend after next (July 31-Aug 1).  The link below is to a flyer with additional information.  I am volunteering for the dress sale in Dallas this weekend, which is how I heard about it.  If anyone is interested, I'm certainly happy to let you know what the sale here is like and whether it seems like it would be worth driving to San Antonio next weekend to check it out. 

http://pepmembers.org/forums/modules/gallery/images/
gallery_51574_86_174748.jpg
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PSA: Brides Against Breast Cancer Dress Sale in San Antonio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the one held in Austin and just thought I'd post my thought/opinion . . .

Be aware that there are not 'private' dressing rooms. There was a curtained off area with racks laid out to create sections for people to try dresses on. Either wear some skin tight clothing that can go on under the dress (i.e. leotard, shapewear, etc) or be prepared to be in your undies in front of the other ladies there, potentially their guests, & the ladies volunteering in the dressing area.

In my opinion, some of the dresses were much more worn than the BABC website makes it seem. While a couple of ladies I saw were purchasing gowns, I was able to purchase pretty much the same gown I liked at the BABC sale, but at a lower price and brand new elsewhere. It's a great cause, but the prices weren't all that great, again, in my opinion.
  • Options
    mistyleonmistyleon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's helpful info.  Thankfully I already have a dress, but now I know to be prepared to get an eye full if my volunteer post is in the dressing area.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards