Texas-Austin

Beauty by April?

Hi girls! Sorry I have been MIA we were out of town for the last week visting family. Now that I am back I am feeling a slight panic with everything I still have left to do.

I am looking into makeup/hair again and I was wondering if anyone has used this service? Makeup and hair is not something I can spend another $300+ on as my attire/beauty budget is lumped together with a large portion already spent on the dress.

I saw one bride asked about this service before but received no feedback.

Anyone checking into them?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beauty by April?

• edited December 2011
    I found some people who are like 50-60 for makeup but they don't do hair. Erica Gray does both for 200 onsite. I have not heard about beauty by april.
  • laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    I found some feedback on weddingbee but since the trials are only $30 I am going to set up a trial run to see how it goes. I hope it goes well, she quoted only $90 for bridals and itll run about $80 for day-of since I will have a large party then.
    The best part is that the deposit only has to be for MY services the day of, I am not comfortable paying a deposit for the 6-7 others that want hair and/or makeup but may change their minds. I also have zero desire to chase down this money from 4 cities in 3 different states. She also promised not to charge me if I wanted my hair and makeup done onsite but the others at the hotel 10 min from the venue.
    Other artists wanted to charge $30 to go to Buda then another $30 to my venue in Kyle.
    Jeez!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked her for my wedding actually. I read good reviews on her, so I'm taking a chance! She will also be doing the bridesmaids hair and makeup.
  • edited December 2011
    You booked before doing a trial?? You are soooo much braver than me!! I want to see what I am going to look like.
  • edited December 2011
    How did your trial work out?
  • emm14emm14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided to use April after seeing her name on this board, and hearing about other happy brides.  I just had my trial, and am really happy with her work.  I'm getting married in 13 DAYS! and can't wait to see alll of my planning come together.

Here are some pics of the hair, makeup.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards