Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Having somebody sing??

Soooo I have gone back and forth with my mom about this but since she said that most people do it I went ahead and asked my cousin to sing at the ceremony.  However she declined due to personal circumstances.  So now I'm stuck, can I have a ceremony were nobody sings?  What are your thoughts
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Having somebody sing??

• Having instrumental music only is fine.  It's one less thing to worry about!  If you need music during the ceremony, someone can play an instrument or you can have a cd/iPod played.
  • Definitely fine to not have singers.  We didn't have any singers and many weddings I attend do not either.
  • I don't know that I've ever been to a ceremony where someone sang... I won't worry about it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No singers at our wedding.  At my dad's and brother's wedding they didn't have singers OR instrumentalists...they had a DJ.

You will be fine.

But if you really want a singer, you could research how much a music major at a local college would be.  I know I charged $100 to play flute for weddings, not sure how vocalists work.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I've only been to one wedding where there was live singing, and it was at a church and was someone leading congregational singing. I wouldn't expect to see someone sing at a wedding.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I've only been to one wedding that I can think of where somebody sang during the ceremony...and it was the groom singing a song he wrote for his bride (so cute). Totally fine to have no singer! 
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • Awesome no singer it is, glad I was not alone in this.  Where I live it seems that everyone has somebody sing pro or not.  But not at mine :)  It is my day after all!  Thanks guysCool
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards