Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

asking everyone to be flower girls

Hello all! This is my first time posting so I hope I'm on the right board. Anyways, my three daughters are going to be the main flower girls in my wedding; however, I remember how much my sister and I always wanted to be flower girls when we were little and didn't get the chance so I was thinking of putting a basket full of mini bouquets out front before the ceremony so any little girl (or boy) who wants to feel a part of the wedding can do so. What do you think of this idea? Do you think the kids will feel too much like part of the wedding and then will want to stand up at the altar with the rest of the bridal party for the whole ceremony? Will people just know that their kids should sit back down with them afterwards? If not, is there a polite way to put that on the sign that says they need to sit down afterwards? Or should I just forget the whole idea? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very confused! Thank you!

Re: asking everyone to be flower girls

• Sounds complicated and like the chances of it looking uncoordinated and/or confusing.....are higher then the chances of it being cute...If you really want to let kids do something like that...put one basket of petals and let kids scatter some as they go to thier seats....but thats going to be confusing to tell people unless you stand outside the church as the guests show up to explain...sorry kids dont like to stand still for a long time and would rather be with thier parents, i cant figure out how you would do that logisitically without it being a mess.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I do want them all to sit back down afterwards with their parents not stand at the altar, that's why I was wondering if the kids would know to do that and not think they were going to stand at the altar. I'll probably just forget the idea, it sounded cute then got complicated!
  • I this the idea's coming from a good thought, but I just don't see it working the way you envision it. I can see either a full basket of flowers there at the end because no one knew what to do with it or one child dumping the whole thing or another child crying because they don't want to be in the spotlight... so many possible ways for this to go wrong! I'd skip it.
  • I agree with tencups...intentions are super sweet but I don't think it would work out in your favor.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I agree with most PP the thought and intention seems good but peple will be confused by it and it could just end up getting some of the kids upset if there are none left when they come in and so on.

If you weren't the parents of the FG I would say they may be upset that it is taking away from their childs place in the wedding and that they had to buy the dress and everything while no one else had to and still gets to have fun with it.

I always wanted to be a FG too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards