Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

CEREMONY MUSIC

I AM REALLY HAVE SOME TROUBLE DECIDING ON CEREMONY MUSIC.  FOR SOME TIME NOW I HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN HAVING AN ACAPELLA GROUP PERFORM WHILE EVERYONE WALKED DOWN THE AISLE.  UNFORTUNATELY MY MOTHER HAS MADE SEVERAL COMMENTS ABOUT IT NOT BEING CLASSY AND THAT I SHOULD HAVE A STRING QUARTET INSTEAD.  I REALLY WANT A WOW FACTOR AND SOMETHING OUT OF THE NORM.  IS A ACAPELLA GROUP CLASSLESS?

Re: CEREMONY MUSIC

• Options

Unless the acapella group is wearing ratted clothes and singing a rendition of "Baby Got Back" (you get the idea), I don't think anything could be classless at a wedding!  It's your day - your way.  Follow your heart and do what suits you best. :)

• Options
    I love a capella groups!  Definitely classy.
  • Options
    I say go for it.

Though to be honest I sing in an a cappella group (it's how I met my husband!) so I may be the slightest bit biased, LOL.

We had my group and his college group sing at the reception, it was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    I was in an a capella group in college, and you learn that the individual voices mimic different instruments used in a song. The voices can sound like a piano, guitar, violin, drums (vocal percussionist). It's beautiful when put together, and think it will be very memorable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards