Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

walking down the isle

What are some good songs that would be great to walk down the isle to? I want something other than Here Comes the Bride. The isle is not very long also so I would have to edit and cut it off at the perfect time.

Re: walking down the isle

• First:  for future reference, it's aisle not isle.

Do you want something classical?  Are you getting married in a church?  Are there restrictions on the music you're permitted to use.

I'm a church organist, and every piece of music that I play for weddings has to be tailored to that particular wedding, and if you're using a live musician, he/she will know exactly how to end it at the perfect time.

If you're using a dj and recorded music, they'll know to fade out the music at the right time for you as well.

On the chance that you're looking for classical suggestions, here are some:

Suggestions for processional/recessional music

Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring-Bach

Air on the G String-Bach

Sinfonia-Bach

Prelude in C Major from the Well Tempered Clavier-Bach

Water Music-Handel

Trumpet Voluntary, aka Prince of Denmark’s March-Clarke

Trumpet Tune-Purcell

Canon-Pachelbel

Several of the Brandenburg Concertos-Bach

Joyful, Joyful-“Finale from Symphony #9-Beethoven

Claire de Lune-Debussy

Girl with the Flaxen Hair-Debussy

Psalm XIX-Marcello

Toccata in F Major-Buxtehude

Spring from The Four Seasons-Vivaldi
    Autumn from The Four Seasons-Vivaldi
    Sheep May Safely Graze-Bach
    Fur Elise-Beethoven
    Wedding March~Lohengrin (Here Comes the Bride) Wagner

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-isle-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:937602b7-eb4f-4f0b-80d8-c50f453ac3ccPost:ed1bdda8-168f-499c-ba9c-28c193e98d1a">Re: walking down the isle</a>:
    [QUOTE]First:  for future reference, it's aisle not isle. Do you want something classical?  Are you getting married in a church?  Are there restrictions on the music you're permitted to use. I'm a church organist, and every piece of music that I play for weddings has to be tailored to that particular wedding, and if you're using a live musician, he/she will know exactly how to end it at the perfect time. If you're using a dj and recorded music, they'll know to fade out the music at the right time for you as well. On the chance that you're looking for classical suggestions, here are some: Suggestions for processional/recessional music   <strong>Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring-Bach</strong> Air on the G String-Bach Sinfonia-Bach Prelude in C Major from the Well Tempered Clavier-Bach Water Music-Handel Trumpet Voluntary, aka Prince of Denmark’s March-Clarke Trumpet Tune-Purcell <strong>Canon-Pachelbel</strong> Several of the Brandenburg Concertos-Bach Joyful, Joyful-“Finale from Symphony #9-Beethoven Claire de Lune-Debussy Girl with the Flaxen Hair-Debussy Psalm XIX-Marcello Toccata in F Major-Buxtehude Spring from The Four Seasons-Vivaldi Autumn from The Four Seasons-Vivaldi Sheep May Safely Graze-Bach Fur Elise-Beethoven Wedding March~Lohengrin (Here Comes the Bride) Wagner  
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

Ditto trix.

We used the ones I put in bold type throughout our wedding. We were not allowed to use secular music at all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-isle-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:937602b7-eb4f-4f0b-80d8-c50f453ac3ccPost:ed1bdda8-168f-499c-ba9c-28c193e98d1a">Re: walking down the isle</a>:
    [QUOTE]First:  <strong>for future reference, it's aisle not isle.</strong> Do you want something classical?  Are you getting married in a church?  Are there restrictions on the music you're permitted to use. I'm a church organist, and every piece of music that I play for weddings has to be tailored to that particular wedding, and if you're using a live musician, he/she will know exactly how to end it at the perfect time. If you're using a dj and recorded music, they'll know to fade out the music at the right time for you as well. On the chance that you're looking for classical suggestions, here are some: Suggestions for processional/recessional music   Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring-Bach Air on the G String-Bach Sinfonia-Bach Prelude in C Major from the Well Tempered Clavier-Bach Water Music-Handel Trumpet Voluntary, aka Prince of Denmark’s March-Clarke Trumpet Tune-Purcell Canon-Pachelbel Several of the Brandenburg Concertos-Bach Joyful, Joyful-“Finale from Symphony #9-Beethoven Claire de Lune-Debussy Girl with the Flaxen Hair-Debussy Psalm XIX-Marcello Toccata in F Major-Buxtehude Spring from The Four Seasons-Vivaldi Autumn from The Four Seasons-Vivaldi Sheep May Safely Graze-Bach Fur Elise-Beethoven Wedding March~Lohengrin (Here Comes the Bride) Wagner  
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>It blows my mind how many women on this site make that mistake.</div>
    Anniversary
  • It definitely would help to know if you are getting married in a church or not, but regardless of location, Trix has given several very nice suggestions. We got married in a Catholic church. My bridesmaids entered to Trumpet Voluntary on the organ, and my processional was Wearing of the Green on bagpipes.
    Crosswalk
  • i agree with pp...it really depends where you're getting married and what type of music you would want..some people like the idea of an upbeat pop song while others like classical music...trix had some good suggestions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards