Oklahoma

Oklahoma Vendor Reviews

I don't want to get too many sticky threads up here, but I thought this one might be really helpful.  It's a place where anyone can come and post their vendor reviews, so they'll all be in one place.

I hope it helps!

Please make sure to note what area of Oklahoma you and your vendor are from.

Also, let's keep this thread strictly reviews.  If you have a comment or question for someone, about their review, please start a new thread or PM that person. 

Any replies that are unnecessary may be deleted.

Thanks for you cooperation!

Missing our little turkey.
Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Oklahoma Vendor Reviews

• kayleebkayleeb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a lot of vendors to review. We had a pretty simple wedding. We got married at the church we were attending at the time, my grandma made our cake, a BM made the groomscake, my aunt did the photography, and we just bought fruit/veggies/finger foods from Sams and had family members prepare it all.

So I guess I only have a few vendors to review.
    -We used A New Beginning Florist in Moore. She did such a wonderful job and her prices were pretty decent.
    -My dress and the BM dresses were from David's Bridal. They were okay. I would probably go somewhere different if I did it all over again.
    -Tuxes were from a little place in Norman called Sun Tailor (I think?). It's across from Norman High. They're prices were pretty good, and the tuxes came out fine. But I would NOT go there for alterations. I had my dress altered there and didn't have such a great experience.
    -My BMs and I got our hair done in Norman. We used Krista at Tan-N-Style on 36th and Main (But now it's called something different. It's now a nail salon but she still has a booth inside.) She did an awesome job! If anyone wants her number, just PM me and I'll give it to you.

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
    9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
    9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
    10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
    10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
    11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
    1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
    3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I've got quite a few to go over, so be patient.  LOL

Rings:
    We got Keith's ring from www.coijewelry.com">www.coijewelry.com and it was a good enough experience.  Nothing crazy or weird.  It took a LONG time to get here (about a month) but for the price, it couldn't be beat.  It's made from Tungsten Carbide and we have not had any issues with it.

Keith purchased my engagement ring from www.bluenile.com/">http://www.bluenile.com/ and it is fabulous.  Their customer service is just wonderful and my ring is beautiful.  The only downfall is having to send it off for checking and redipping, but it's a small price to pay for such great quality and dealing with such nice people, who really know what they're doing, and really care that you have a good experience.

Attire:
    After figuring out early on that I would not be able to find exactly what I was looking for, I decided I'd either have to buy a dress from Alfred Angelo's and have it altered, or would have to have one made from scratch.  After talking to a few people, I found out about Bridal Showroom over on North May in OKC.  I was able to basically design my dress and it was exactly what I'd hoped for.  The only drawback is that it was DOWN TO THE WIRE with getting it finished, but I'd already heard that from other people (that Moe takes his time to get it right) so I knew that going into things.  I don't think I ever imaged that it would be literally 2 days before the wedding that I'd finally get the dress, but it all worked out, and I was very pelased with my custom made, custom fitted dress.  Moe also gave me a gift of a handmade veil to go with my dress.  www.okbridalshowroom.com/home.htm">http://www.okbridalshowroom.com/home.htm
    My bridesmaids dresses were also made by Bridal Showroom, and while it started out a bit rough (I was more worried about their dresses than mine at first!) it all came out great.

We rented all of the tuxes from www.tomsformalwear.com/">http://www.tomsformalwear.com/ and I don't have any complaints.  They had the colors I wanted, and the customer service was friendly enough.  The prices were good, and I had been to a bridal show and signed up to get a discount, so that was nice.

Paper Goods:
    I designed and printed all of my own paper goods - invites, rsvp, maps, STDs, etc.
    I got all of the paper products from www.cardsandpockets.com/">http://www.cardsandpockets.com/ and it was a FABULOUS experience.  I really can't say enough good things about this place.  The prices are amazing and their customer service is wonderful.  The quality is also really REALLY great.  I will order from this place again, just for regular things.  They have great colors and everything is such high quality.

I also bought an adorable return address stamp for my thank you cards from Etsy seller RunEllieRun.  www.etsy.com/transaction/32175217">http://www.etsy.com/transaction/32175217  It's a very good quality stamp, and I have used it for other things since.  I have a feeling I'll be using this stamp for years to come.  Even with the small detail, you get a crisp, clean stamped image.

Photography:

Robyn Icks from Juniper Photography did a fantastic job.  Her prices are more than reasonable and she's such a sweetheart, you'll just love her.  http://juniperphoto.com/blog/  Before I found Robyn, I didn't think I was going to be able to afford a professional photographer, but we made it happen.  She has package deals, but will let you go a la carte if needed, which is what we did.  We got a DVD of our photos, and the copywrite release, so we can print them ourselves.  And she was with me all day, and stayed until we drove off.  It was great.

Our Venue:

We chose The Round Barn in Arcadia, OK as our venue and I am so glad we did.  It was so unique and quaint.  I just love that place.  The price was right, for sure.  They provide tables and chairs.  It's heated in winter, but there is no AC, so if you are getting married in the dead of summer, you might have to consider that.  You get the full upstairs loft from noon to midnight, and can pay a small fee (I think it was $50) for use of the loft, before 5pm, the night before (for a rehearsal).  Parking wasn't an issue, but they do not allow alcohol.  And there's a strict no smoking policy (the place is made 100% of wood afterall!)  But they leave you alone, let you do your thing, and just ask that you clean up and lock the door when you leave.  www.arcadiaroundbarn.org/">http://www.arcadiaroundbarn.org/

Flowers:

We had fake and real flowers for our wedding.  All of the corsages, bouts, and bouquets were fake mini calla lillies that were purchased from Basket Market in OKC.  It's a wholesale store, that's connected with Hobby Lobby.  http://basketmarketokc.com/

I also had something special made for my friend who was manning our guestbook table (we had a photo guestbook, so she took the photos for us) and for my SIL.  They each got these adorable "corsage rings" made by FlowerThyme on Etsy www.etsy.com/shop/FlowerThyme?ref=seller_info">http://www.etsy.com/shop/FlowerThyme?ref=seller_info.  The color was just perfect!  www.etsy.com/transaction/29815781">http://www.etsy.com/transaction/29815781

The real flowers were white mini calla lillies, in milk glass vases, as centerpeices on the tables.  They were purchased from Sam's Club.  And they were beautiful.  Just make sure you order at least a 2 weeks out!  And doublecheck that to make sure it hasn't changed!!!  www.samsclub.com/">http://www.samsclub.com/

Cakes:
    Our groom's cake and our wedding cake were both ordered from Sugar in Norman, OK.  www.oksugar.com/">http://www.oksugar.com/  They both tasted divine, but I have to say my favorite was the groom's cake (chocolate chip fudge! yum!).  The only complaints I have are that the color of the wedding cake was WAY off (was supposed to be a light dusty lilac, but was just really blue).  My photog was able to adjust the color in the photos, thankfully.  The other complaint is that they forgot the bring the groom's cake at first.  THANK GOD someone noticed that it wasn't there.  But, as soon as I called in a panic, they got someone out with it right away.  But with a trip all the way from Norman to Arcadia in 5pm traffic on a Friday... Let's just say I was more than worried that they'd make it there on time!  But they did, so all was well.

My favorite thing about the wedding cake table, was my "cake topper" that I had made from a seller on Etsy.  Lynn's Little Creations did a FANTASTIC job.  The little cuties looked just like us!  www.etsy.com/transaction/34481916">http://www.etsy.com/transaction/34481916  And now I have a treasure to hold onto for years to come.  She was so easy to work with, and everything came out just perfect.  www.etsy.com/shop/lynnslittlecreations">www.etsy.com/shop/lynnslittlecreations

Dinnerware:
    I actually purchased all of our plates, cups, plasticware, etc from Dollar Tree.  www.dollartree.com/home.jsp">http://www.dollartree.com/home.jsp  Now, granted, we did not have a sitdown meal, but the plates were plenty sturdy enough for cake and finger foods.  And they have SO many colors to choose from, and you just can NOT beat the prices if you are on a budget.

Gifts:

For my bridesmaids, my mom, my MIL, my aunts, and my best friend, I got these adorable little glass tile pendant necklaces from Giggles and Grins on Etsy.  www.etsy.com/shop/dwilcox">http://www.etsy.com/shop/dwilcox  She has so many cute things.  In addition, I got them all black pashminas from Amazon (can't find the link to the particular ones I got! Sorry!) since it was going to be a bit chilli after dark on the night of the wedding. 

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ceremony -

Quail Springs Baptist. I had no ties to this church, but I wanted a church wedding. It was inexpensive (don't remember the exact cost). The sanctuary was really pretty. The only thing I didn't like was having the Bridal room in the front of the church near where the guests entered. That was the only bathroom up there, so people needing the bathroom before the ceremony saw me.

Reception -

Sand Plum Event Center (not sure if it's still called this)
    We LOVED this place. It was very unique. The owner seemed a little scatterbrained, but he was very nice and easy to talk to/work with. We had the upstairs ballroom for dancing and the downstairs area (which was a wine cellar) for wine tasting. The place is beautiful, right in the heart of downtown Guthrie. You can also have the ceremony there, but we didn't. They also had carriage rides (for an additional fee) to take the guests around downtown Guthrie while they were waiting for the bridal party to arrive from the church. The only thing I didn't like, there were no stairs. There was only an elevator to take you from the ballroom to the wine cellar... which got pretty backed up with 250 guests.

Photographer -

Colorband Productions
    I really enjoyed working with Jaime and Roy. They're great guys. Professionally, they're great. They're honest, trustworthy, punctual, friendly.... My only complain is myself. My photography tastes have changed a lot since my wedding... and I wish we had used someone with a little more edge. They're style is pretty traditional. Visit their site and if you like their style, I would definitely recommend them.

ETA: This is tavia_martin from the nest, and I have no idea why that it logged me in under that screen name... I didn't even know that existed.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rings
    We got our rings at Lewis Jewelers.  Tim Lewis and my hubby have known one another for 10+ years. Lewis has a really great selection and was awesome about working with us in our budget.  We actually picked out our rings when the store was closed – it was very Sweet Home Alabama but without the pretty blue box!  We also got my second wedding set from there as well (we upgraded after five years) – this ring was made by Tim and is a replica of a ring we saw in Paris.  The same sales associates have worked at Lewis for quite some time, so I feel like this makes the service more personal. He also provides one year of free insurance for the jewelry.

Attire
    I had my dress made at Bridal Showroom on May.  Moe made my bridesmaid’s dresses as well as my Mother’s dress. I had bridal portraits taken about two months prior to the wedding, so my dress was finished in plenty of time.  The BM dresses were completed the day before the wedding which was fine.  My Mother’s dress was delivered to us at the rehearsal dinner which had her a bit nervous but it was fine as well.  My mom doesn’t exactly dress to fit her body type and Moe was extremely blunt about the kind of dress she wanted and what he was going to make her wasn’t going to be the same. I think she was extremely surprised by this (my dad was upset) but she has never, ever looked so gorgeous.  He made her dress for my brother’s wedding several years later, so she must not have minded too much. J  I absolutely loved my dress – Moe was going overseas to buy fabric and so I love telling people about how the fabric for my dress was picked out especially for me in Paris – it fit perfectly, looked exactly how I wanted it to look, overall, they were great to work with.

Paper goods
    I ordered our invites from www.notfromabox.com/">www.notfromabox.com. Britta was great to work with. I basically sent them a fax with a template of what I wanted the invites to look like and they created them for me. I had 100% “say” in how I wanted them to look – they even fedexed me samples of paper so I could pick out which thickness I liked the best. I didn’t feel like they were overly expensive for the customer service and product that I received.  We were nervous to order the invites online but Britta and her group really held my hand through the process and were very responsive to all of my questions.

Photography
    We used Larry Foster in Norman. I absolutely love my wedding album. I can’t say enough good things about our experience with Larry, so I am not even going to try!  I think his packages have changed now, but at the time, I did not receive a CD with all of our prints.  Now that this is kind of “standard” and it makes me sad but I do believe he does this now.  He was great to work with and this is one aspect of the wedding I never one time worried about.

Venue
    We got married at the First Lutheran Church in downtown OKC which was great. Our reception was at Nikz which has since closed. 

Flowers
    French Tulip. My flowers? Oh my.  They were fantastic to work with.  This is another vendor that I can’t say enough good things about our experience.  Everything looked much more beautiful than I ever imagined that it would.  They not only provided our flowers but linens, setup our cake table, and decorated the lobby of Nikz for us.  The customer service was top notch and to this day I will never forget my dad looking around the church saying “Good Lord, these flowers are ridiculous!”  Even he was impressed.

Cakes
    We purchased our cakes from Johnnie’s Sweet Creations in SW OKC.  I received quite a surprise on the big day when I cut into my cake and it was a white cake and not chocolate as I had ordered. As it turns out, my mother felt that chocolate wasn’t appropriate so she CHANGED the order.  I was very upset about this.  Granted, she was paying for the cake but I think it is important with ALL vendors that they only deal with the bride.  I don’t even LIKE white cake so I was extremely disappointed that the vendor changed the cake without consulting me first. The cakes were delicious, though, and looked exactly as I had envisioned. But I was still disappointed that they changed the flavor without following up with me first.

Overall, we had a great day. We didn’t have any snags that I can remember with vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    Ceremony: Crown Heights Methodist Church - Amazing. Loved. Gorgeous church, and wonderful people.

Reception: Sam Noble Museum - It turned to be fabulous, though it was originally a bit stressful. However, I've heard there is someone new there doing weddings now. Guests still comment about what an amazing location it was. The price was right also, and everything went great.

Cake: Amy Cakes (getamycakes.com) - YUM. Best cake I've ever had. Amazing to work with also. I loved Amy.

Caterer: Abbey Road - Again, YUM. Kris Abbey was great, and despite some people telling me she was scatterbrained, she ended up being amazing. The day-of was perfect, and she was so "with it." Again, no complaints whatsoever. I would use her again in a heartbeat.

Photographer: Kriea Arie (artbykriea.com) - Again, one of the best decisions I made. Kriea was wonderful, and the photos turned out amazing. I had bridal portraits done with her as well, and they were great.
    Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • thewhitzthewhitz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Overall, the day was a complete whirlwind. Thank God for photos and videos-ha!  Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong, except it didn't rain-thank God for no rain (outdoor ceremony).

Here are our reviews.

Ceremony and Reception Venue (also catering)-Post Oak Lodge-C

I have wonderful things to say about Post Oak and horrendous things to say about them.  After we signed the contract, they were suddenly hard to get in touch with, slow with replies.  They also did some less than stellar things to us the week before the wedding.   A week before they changed…like 7 things and I flipped out. One or two would have been okay but ALL SEVEN of them at once when we had previously discussed and agreed on them before…and to change them a week before the wedding-how horrible!  Example-they tried to tell us we couldn’t have the rehearsal in The Arbor (where was ceremony was). Doesn’t that defeat at least half of the purpose of a rehearsal?? 

On the flip side, they were amazing the day of the wedding.  The event director was there for our event and she was amazing.  Anything that was wrong, she fixed.  Example-I stayed the night before the wedding at the Lodge and they switched my room at the last minute due to A/C issues.  The new room they gave me only had one bed and I needed two beds (girls staying with me) AND they put me right next to where my soon-to-be-husband would be and we were trying not to see each other before the wedding.   I realized this after I got to my room and had everything outside the door. Not only did the director fix my room but she physically helped me move all of my stuff to the new room!! Above and beyond the call of duty.  She was also full of helpful hints and suggestions when I asked.  She acted like she cared about our day and I appreciated that very much.

The food was good.  Mine came out cold but my guests said theirs was warm. It came out well timed and the wait staff was attentive. The chef did a good job at working with us on the menu and we got a food tasting.

Overall, beautiful day and wonderful wedding DAY experience.  If you want to use them, get everything you discuss and agree upon into the contract AND expect delays when you need answers.

Wedding and Groom Cakes-Icing on The Top-A

Amazing cakes-100% beautiful and delicious.  Jennifer was wonderful to work with, prompt with responses and the cakes were awesome!

Ceremony Music (Violin)-Brava Quartette-ASarah was easy to work with and incredibly helpful in music selections.  She met with us and played anything we wanted to hear, explained what she knew about the piece and helped us decide what to play where. She played beautifully and was delightful to work with.  Also, reasonably priced.Invitations-Joan’s Print Shop-ACindy at Joan’s was great to work with. I got our invitation custom designed, in the EXACT colors we wanted and printed for about the same price as ordering through some online store. They turned out beautiful and I received many compliments on them.Videographer-VZ Videography-A+I cannot say enough good things about Katie and Ryan.  They are in Bartlesville (the original wedding site) and let us change the contract to come to Tulsa for no fee.  They stayed the entire time, did an amazing job, created a very professional DVD with the ceremony in full, highlights of the entire day, a section each for congratulations, cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss and toasts.  They sent us 3 DVDs but made a mistake with the songs and fixed that for free.  We got to keep the 3 that were wrong in addition to getting 5 copes that were right. Everything is amazing-the DVD, the footage, the DVD case, etc. Very reasonably priced and easy to work with. Photographer-Brooke Jared-C

I researched photographers extensively because it was one of the most important elements to me.  I had a style I wanted and I paid a lot of money to get it.  I really love that artistic photojournalistic approach.  Anyway, I feel Brooke fell short. On the positive side, she was responsive and easy to work with prior to the wedding. She also got the proofs to me a week early.  On the down side, she showed up late on the wedding day. She felt sick and it was reflected in her work.  She didn’t take some of the shots I asked her ahead of time to take, she wasn’t as directive as I thought she should have been when taking the posed shots (I got a lot of this person not smiling or the jacket was up or the pillow was upside down) and I’m just rather disappointed. Yes, she took some great shots and yes we have beautiful photos, but I was expecting exceptional. And I was stressed as heck after the wedding that our photos would be terrible or she didn’t get certain critical shots-I shouldn’t be in a place where I felt worried.

Overall, we feel disappointed with our photos and that she didn’t do the entire job we hired her to do.

Reception DJ-Party AllStars-A+

We booked a package that included a DJ with unlimited time and a day-of-coordinator for the same price as other DJs in town charge for approximately 4 hours of DJ-only service. Very reasonably priced and one of the best decisions we made.  Randy was an excellent DJ-played what we wanted, was responsive before the wedding AND ended up throwing last minute upgrades our way, like their new beautiful DJ booth,  an LCD photo slide show above DJ booth, mood lighting, our monogram on the dance floor in lights, etc.

Kena was the day of coordinator and she was a life saver. SHE made the reception. My husband and I (along with our families) got to enjoy our reception and not worry about the timeline and events because she took care of that. She made sure we accomplished the task list and moved things around as she saw need (moved up certain events because guests looked bored or whatever).

Wedding Night Accommodations-The Ambassador-A

This is a beautiful hotel and they picked us up from our venue and took us to the airport the next day. Wonderful honeymoon night.

Flowers-Silk Degrees-A

Janis was amazing to work with. Worked with me on price and flower selection.  The bouquets and bouts were beautiful and the petals she put on the aisle could not have been more beautiful.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_oklahoma-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:d1ae4410-f24b-42f5-b2e5-b64f3a022a64Post:5d524aaf-3921-46ed-831d-fdce7bc4d050">Re: Oklahoma Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Overall, the day was a complete whirlwind. Thank God for photos and videos-ha!  Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong, except it didn't rain-thank God for no rain (outdoor ceremony). Here are our reviews. Ceremony and Reception Venue (also catering)-Post Oak Lodge-C I have wonderful things to say about Post Oak and horrendous things to say about them.   After we signed the contract, they were suddenly hard to get in touch with, slow with replies.   They also did some less than stellar things to us the week before the wedding.     A week before they changed…like 7 things and I flipped out. One or two would have been okay but ALL SEVEN of them at once when we had previously discussed and agreed on them before…and to change them a week before the wedding-how horrible!   Example-they tried to tell us we couldn’t have the rehearsal in The Arbor (where was ceremony was). Doesn’t that defeat at least half of the purpose of a rehearsal??   On the flip side, they were amazing the day of the wedding.   The event director was there for our event and she was amazing.   Anything that was wrong, she fixed.   Example-I stayed the night before the wedding at the Lodge and they switched my room at the last minute due to A/C issues.   The new room they gave me only had one bed and I needed two beds (girls staying with me) AND they put me right next to where my soon-to-be-husband would be and we were trying not to see each other before the wedding.    I realized this after I got to my room and had everything outside the door. Not only did the director fix my room but she physically helped me move all of my stuff to the new room!! Above and beyond the call of duty.   She was also full of helpful hints and suggestions when I asked.   She acted like she cared about our day and I appreciated that very much. The food was good.   Mine came out cold but my guests said theirs was warm. It came out well timed and the wait staff was attentive. The chef did a good job at working with us on the menu and we got a food tasting. Overall, beautiful day and wonderful wedding DAY experience.   If you want to use them, get everything you discuss and agree upon into the contract AND expect delays when you need answers. Wedding and Groom Cakes-Icing on The Top-A Amazing cakes-100% beautiful and delicious.   Jennifer was wonderful to work with, prompt with responses and the cakes were awesome! Ceremony Music (Violin)- Brava Quartette -A Sarah was easy to work with and incredibly helpful in music selections.   She met with us and played anything we wanted to hear, explained what she knew about the piece and helped us decide what to play where. She played beautifully and was delightful to work with.   Also, reasonably priced. Invitations-Joan’s Print Shop-A Cindy at Joan’s was great to work with. I got our invitation custom designed, in the EXACT colors we wanted and printed for about the same price as ordering through some online store. They turned out beautiful and I received many compliments on them. Videographer-VZ Videography-A+ I cannot say enough good things about Katie and Ryan.   They are in Bartlesville (the original wedding site) and let us change the contract to come to Tulsa for no fee.   They stayed the entire time, did an amazing job, created a very professional DVD with the ceremony in full, highlights of the entire day, a section each for congratulations, cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss and toasts.   They sent us 3 DVDs but made a mistake with the songs and fixed that for free.   We got to keep the 3 that were wrong in addition to getting 5 copes that were right. Everything is amazing-the DVD, the footage, the DVD case, etc. Very reasonably priced and easy to work with. Photographer-Brooke Jared-C I researched photographers extensively because it was one of the most important elements to me.   I had a style I wanted and I paid a lot of money to get it.   I really love that artistic photojournalistic approach.   Anyway, I feel Brooke fell short. On the positive side, she was responsive and easy to work with prior to the wedding. She also got the proofs to me a week early.   On the down side, she showed up late on the wedding day. She felt sick and it was reflected in her work.   She didn’t take some of the shots I asked her ahead of time to take, she wasn’t as directive as I thought she should have been when taking the posed shots (I got a lot of this person not smiling or the jacket was up or the pillow was upside down) and I’m just rather disappointed. Yes, she took some great shots and yes we have beautiful photos, but I was expecting exceptional. And I was stressed as heck after the wedding that our photos would be terrible or she didn’t get certain critical shots-I shouldn’t be in a place where I felt worried. Overall, we feel disappointed with our photos and that she didn’t do the entire job we hired her to do. Reception DJ-Party AllStars-A+ We booked a package that included a DJ with unlimited time and a day-of-coordinator for the same price as other DJs in town charge for approximately 4 hours of DJ-only service. Very reasonably priced and one of the best decisions we made.   Randy was an excellent DJ-played what we wanted, was responsive before the wedding AND ended up throwing last minute upgrades our way, like their new beautiful DJ booth,   an LCD photo slide show above DJ booth, mood lighting, our monogram on the dance floor in lights, etc. Kena was the day of coordinator and she was a life saver. SHE made the reception. My husband and I (along with our families) got to enjoy our reception and not worry about the timeline and events because she took care of that. She made sure we accomplished the task list and moved things around as she saw need (moved up certain events because guests looked bored or whatever). Wedding Night Accommodations-The Ambassador-A This is a beautiful hotel and they picked us up from our venue and took us to the airport the next day. Wonderful honeymoon night. Flowers-Silk Degrees-A Janis was amazing to work with. Worked with me on price and flower selection.   The bouquets and bouts were beautiful and the petals she put on the aisle could not have been more beautiful.
    Posted by thewhitz[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the great review!  We are getting married at Post Oak Lodge in June and I cannot wait.  Any pointers?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oklahoma City Vendor Reviews, Part one (ceremony site and ceremony sound)

Mine will probably be in serval installments.  I'll start out by saying that during wedding planning it seems like  I spoke to or emailed almost every single wedding vendor in Oklahoma City.  I had really bad experiences with quite of few of them, but I am pleased with the vendors I ended up with!

Ceremony Venue--Oklahoma State Capitol, Forth floor Rotunda (c)

I picked the Capitol because it's free, and it is beautiful.  Our guests enjoyed being able to walk around looking at the art work prior to the wedding, and I like the uniqueness of the venue.

The negatives:  There isn't a place to get ready, really (although the bathrooms are large, so you could swing it if you really wanted to).  The west entrace is the only one open after hours, and the walk to the ceremony site is a little long and convoluted for the guests.  We got married in March (the high was about 70 that day), and it was a bit uncomfortably warm and stuffy (we did have fans, and so that helped, but I wish I had brought bottled water for the guests).  Sound is tricky due to the echo, so you definitely should consider hiring someone experienced to handle your ceremony sound.

Ceremony sound:  Craig Buffington, DJPRO Oklahoma (A+)

Craig (I think he actually goes by Buff, but I just can't bring myself to do that) was professional and wonderful to work with.  I wanted some atypical songs for our ceremony, and he bought them for us without any complaints.  The sound in the capitol is tricky to say the least, but at the end of the day not only did the set up look great, but more importantly everyone could hear and the echo was eliminated.  I would HIGHLY recommend him!!.
  • edited December 2011
    Vendor reviews part 2 (Oklahoma City)

Reception Venue:  Red Prime (A):  We rented out The Showroom, which has a $3000 food and drink minimum which our party of 50 adults and 6 kids just barely met.  The venue is really modern with exposed brick and lovely west facing windows.  It's large, but worked out well even with our small group.

The coordinator, Jamie, did a great job helping with everything from menu planning to decorations to timeline.  They made our signature cocktail for us and even rimmed the glass with sugar, let us choose our wines from their wine list, provided apps for cocktail hour.  The food was AMAZING (my husband is a chef, so we nixed a lot of venues based on mediocre food).  We had a filet and and salmon option--my salmon was a tad overcooked, but still much better than typical wedding food, and people are STILL texting me about how much they loved the steak (they defaulted to serving the steak on the rare side of medium rare, so some of the guests were put off by that).

All in all, we had a great expereince here and would HIGHLY recommend it!

Flowers:  New Leaf, NW 23rd (I worked with Charlotte) A

We ddin't do any flowers as decorations.  We ordered 1 brides bouquet, 2 BM bouquets, 4 corsages,  and 7 bouts.  The total was around $600.  When I met with Charlotte, I really had no vision for my wedding flowers, and she pulled out a bunch of sample flowers and really helped pull everything together.  The flowers ended up being beautiful and were deleivered exactly on time (they even labelled whose bouts where whose).
    Choosing the flower person was really a toss up, as I also met with and LOVED Rebecca's Silver Rose, and although I didn't go with her, based on our meeting I would highly recommend her as well.
    Many of the places I called were standoffish when I told them I only wanted flowers for the wedding party, but these two vendors really stuck out in terms of being nice and understanding of my budget and my vision for the wedding.

• edited December 2011
    Hello everyone! Since we had a full on DIY wedding we didn't have a lot of vendors, especially not local, but we have a few I'll share. I live in Oklahoma City and we had an outdoor wedding at my parents' ranch in Indianola, OK (close to McAlester).

Rings:
    We got Sheldon's ring from James Avery. They have really great simple bands if you want something quality and classic.

My e-ring was from Zales but I lost it shortly after the wedding and we purchased the same ring and a wedding band at Helzberg at Penn Square Mall. It was really important for me to be able to try on rings because I have really small hands and didn't want to get something that looked huge on me. We had a great experience with customer service at both places, but I think Helzberg has a much bigger selection in store.

Attire:
    I made my dress and my bridesmaids dresses, but we bought all the mens suits from bachrach. They have great service and we were able to get the men's suits two for the price of one when we went. However, we did have some problems finding suits for all our guys in the right size and matching style. They had to call a lot of warehouses and other stores and some of the guys had to buy bigger suits and get them tailored, but overall it was a good place to go since we weren't renting tuxes.

Paper Goods:
    I designed and printed all of our paper goods but I purchased paper and envelopes from Paper and More they had such a great selection all for a great price!

Photography:

Robyn Icks located in OKC, from Juniper Photography did our wedding photos.  Her prices are budget friendly and she is such a great person and a very wonderful photogropher as well! She drove two hours to our wedding location without overcharging for mileage. She also had the great idea to take our post-wedding photos together at sundown which turned out beautiful!! We got a DVD of our photos with the copyright release, which is perfect for my digital scrapbooking adiction.

Flowers:
    We ordered all of our flowers in bulk from Sams and they were absolutely beautiful!! We ordered three different packages (mostly daisies) from them about a month before the wedding. You put in the date you want them delivered (two days before the event) and the ship them that day. They even shipped them to my parents' ranch in the middle of nowhere! The flowers are wilted when you get them and you have to re-hydrate them in big buckets of water. It's very DIY but if you have someone who is willing to work with them, they turn out great. They also last for what seems forever. My mom used them the next weekend for a church banquet and they were still as pretty as they were on our wedding day.

Cakes:
    We made our own cupcake and dessert bar but I used an online vendor and a local store to make that possible.

Midwest Bakers Supply is located at 2716 NW 10th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73107, (405) 942-3489  it has some weird hours (call before you go) but they have everything you would want to make diy wedding desserts.

Bake it Pretty is a really cute online store with lots of the same supplies you can get locally but even more stuff you cannot. We bought cupcake liners and striped paper straws here that we couldn't find locally and some icing tips that the other store was out of.

Rentals:
    We rented all of our chairs, linens, sound system, chocolate fountain, and grass vases from D'z Party Rentals in McAlester, OK. This place is kind of odd because it's located in a truck sales/commercial area. Donna the manager is really nice but super unorganized (like where did I put my phone? Oh it's under a pile of papers unorganized). She's definitely someone you have to keep e-mailing and calling to make sure everything is going as planned. Since we didn't really have any other options for that area it was fine. I wouldn't say don't go there, but just be ready for what you're getting in to. The prices were good and the things we rented were in great condition.
    About our wedding: www.craftyminx.com/wedding
  • edited December 2011
    We actually got married in Mexico, but wanted to offer reviews for the few local vendors we did use, because we were thoroughly impressed with them all!

Wedding Dress -- Though we live in OKC, I am orginially from Tulsa and my family is still there.  After many frustrating trips to the stores here in the metro, my mom convinced me to come try a few in Tulsa.  I ended up buying my gown from Facchiano's, a smaller boutique in Broken Arrow.  They were wonderful...listened to everything I wanted, made some additional suggestions, and even though it was a Saturday morning, I was the ONLY bride assigned to my sales girl during my appointment time.  I was thankful that she was able to talk with me and focus on just one bride at a time.  If you're in the Tulsa area, or willing to go there, check them out.  Prices were also very reasonable.

Travel Agent -- To set up travel for ourselves and 40 guests for our wedding, we used Lia Vincent at Journey House Travel (OKC).  She was fantastic, and I guarantee she was one of the main reasons I kept my sanity...I can't even imagine trying to coordinate everyone's travel schedules, etc.  If you need a TA for your honeymoon or anything, please call her.  She rocks.

At-Home-Reception -- For those who were unable to travel to Mexico, we had an at-home-reception when we returned.  We held it at Rococo Northpark (OKC) in their event room.  The room was beautiful, setup was done very nicely, pricing was fair (in my opinion), and service was exceptional.  My only complaint is that the woman assigned to set everything up with us did a relatively poor job communicating with us.  I had met the owners a few months prior to the event and get along with them well, so when we were two days away from the event and didn't have a menu set, I did reach out to them to see what was going on.  As soon as they knew there was a hint of a problem, everything was taken care of immediately and the reception was fantastic!

Cake -- We purchased a cake from Cakes 'n More, owned by Marie Mayfield, for our reception here in OKC.  Let me just say, her cakes are completely phenomenal.  She is as sweet as can be, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg.  If you go visit with her, ask to sample the orange cake.  It is to die for!

Photographer -- We did take a local photographer with us to Mexico...that was the one aspect of our wedding I wasn't willing to "chance it" on.  We took Travis and Melissa Caperton of Caperton Photography.  They were completely amazing.  I really don't know how else to say it, but seriously, they rock.  Travis offers a full copyright release wtih his packages, and gives you all of the photos on a disc to do with as you please.  We ended up with 919 photos.  Amazing.  Also, two of the nicest people we've ever met.  It was the one aspect of the trip that every single guest complimented...everyone thought they were fantastic.  If you're looking for a photographer, check them out at www.capertonphotography.com.

Okay, I think that's all I have...if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask!
    Anniversary
  • CandacenboCandacenbo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got my ring from Zales at the Woodland Hills Mall in Tulsa, OK and my husband used his dad's ring from his parents' marriage. I got my wedding dress, maid of honor, & the bridemaids dresses, shoes, etc from David's Bridal Store in Tulsa, OK. My husband, his best man, his groomsmen, my dad, and the ring bear all got their tuxes from Al's Formal Wear in Tulsa, OK. Al's Formal Wear is also where I bought our weddingi invitations. We got married at the Terlton Baptist Church in Terlton, OK. We also had out reception there too. My mother in law and family friend took care of the catering. A family friend, Lori Gaches did our wedding cakes and she also did our wedding photography. My husband's aunt, Anita Tabor from the Cleveland Flower Shop/Chapman Black funeral home did all of the flowers for decoration as well our bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres. We got married June 19, 2010!

• CandacenboCandacenbo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bo and I got married on June 19, 2010 at the Terlton Baptist Church in Terlton, OK. We bought my wedding dress, maid of honor, and bridesmaids dresses, shoes, etc at David's Bridal in Tulsa, OK. Bo bought his tux, the ring bears, best man, my dads and the groomsmen tuxes at Al's Formal Wear in Tulsa, OK. We also bought our wedding invitations there. We bought my wedding ring at Zales in the Tulsa Woodland Hills Mall and Bo's ring was from his parent's marriage. Our reception was also at the church where my mother in law Dawn Atkins and another family friend took care of the catering. Lori Gaches, another family friend did our cakes for us as well as our wedding photography. Anita Tabor from Chapman Black Funeral Home/Flower shop in Cleveland, OK took care of all of our decorative flowers, corsages & boutonnieres, and bouquets.
  • maisery22maisery22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Tulsa Zoo on Oct 16th, food was included so made it a very affordable wedding I highly recommend them.  We had the hawaiian buffet and EVERYBODY said the food was just wonderful! 
    Dress: Alfred Angelo- wonderful

Cake: Ann's Bakery- we had to pick up our own cake and they said it would be done by 4pm but we were standing around for half an hour before it was done.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem for most but we had to decorate our location ourselves, by the time I got the cake home and drove to the location everything was pretty much done, I felt kind of bad that I didn't help out.

Flowers: Rathbones in Jenks- Worst experience ever.  Decently priced, only got one bouquet and 2 roses, was told I could pick them up on saturday since they were closed on sunday.  When I went to pick them up they were not made, and they weren't planning on making them at all.  They called the owner who vaguely remembered the order, luckily I had the piece of paper with the flowers on it, I am not a flower person and would not have remembered what was in it.  They made it and another little arrangment for free and delivered them right before we left to decorate the location/pick up the cake.  If I had waited for them to deliver I wouldn't have gotten any flowers.  I recommend not using them, unless you really want to keep an eye on them.

Photographer: Epic Photography- Very enthusiastic company really enjoyed talking with them.  Photog dressed to match which tickled me (purple vest) and got all the shots I asked for.  I'd recommend them as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nats_MomNats_Mom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't locate the board rules.

My daughter is having a bridal accessory trunk show in Norman, OK. Can I post a thread about it?

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011

I am from Southeastern Oklahoma, near Ada and Durant.

Venue:
    Lovely Lady Events - Atoka, OK. www.lovelyladyevents.com or Facebook page
    The owner, Thea, was very helpful. The venue is a beautiful house built in the early 1900s that has been restored. It is gorgeous, and I really loved it. The price was very reasonable, and the owner even offers some deals and discounts. The price includes wedding cake, which Thea's daughter makes herself. She did an amazing job creating our wedding cake from a single picture. If you want an extremely elaborate cake, they may tack on an extra fee due to the cost of supplies, but pretty simple cakes are included in the venue price. Anything over the simple will be what you are charged for. Only 1 issue was with the organization of the rehearsal. What was meant to be our rehearsal never actually happened. We never got to practice our ceremony, due to a wedding being held there the night before ours. When we showed up on the morning of our wedding for our rehearsal, nothing was set up for our wedding yet. So we didn't get to practice. Other than that, great venue. PM me for more info on this venue. Beautiful venue, especially for the price.

Flowers:
    Kathryn's Flowers in Atoka, OK
    We got my bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaids "bouquets" (an arrangement of 3 yellow roses), and 4 bouts for just over $130. They flowers were fresh and gorgeous. And the people were so nice.

Photographer:
    Kelly Rhyne Photography - Wardville, OK Website Facebook page
    We had hired Kelly for various other photo sessions before (senior sessions, etc), and she is great. Her picture quality for her price is amazing. She also really listens to what shots you want/do not want. And she does a great job of helping you pose in ways that look good, even if you're questionable about it at the time. When we ordered from her previously, we received our pictures very quickly. Due to some family illness issues, she took a little bit longer than expected to edit the pictures, but that was understandable. Once we ordered out pictures (on a Thursday), we received them within 4 days (on Monday). They were amazing quality too. She offers great packages deals and extras and will work with you to plan the package that is best for you.

the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
  • <strong>IRATHBONES IN JENKS IS THE WORST FOR ANY KIND OF EVENT!!!</strong> n Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_oklahoma-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:d1ae4410-f24b-42f5-b2e5-b64f3a022a64Post:9a4e9e5c-192b-44fd-a4c6-995ee4d72c37">Re: Oklahoma Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got married at the Tulsa Zoo on Oct 16th, food was included so made it a very affordable wedding I highly recommend them.  We had the hawaiian buffet and EVERYBODY said the food was just wonderful!  Dress: Alfred Angelo- wonderful Cake: Ann's Bakery- we had to pick up our own cake and they said it would be done by 4pm but we were standing around for half an hour before it was done.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem for most but we had to decorate our location ourselves, by the time I got the cake home and drove to the location everything was pretty much done, I felt kind of bad that I didn't help out. Flowers: Rathbones in Jenks- Worst experience ever.  Decently priced, only got one bouquet and 2 roses, was told I could pick them up on saturday since they were closed on sunday.  When I went to pick them up they were not made, and they weren't planning on making them at all.  They called the owner who vaguely remembered the order, luckily I had the piece of paper with the flowers on it, I am not a flower person and would not have remembered what was in it.  They made it and another little arrangment for free and delivered them right before we left to decorate the location/pick up the cake.  If I had waited for them to deliver I wouldn't have gotten any flowers.  I recommend not using them, unless you really want to keep an eye on them. Photographer: Epic Photography- Very enthusiastic company really enjoyed talking with them.  Photog dressed to match which tickled me (purple vest) and got all the shots I asked for.  I'd recommend them as well!
    Posted by maisery22[/QUOTE]
  • edited August 2012
    I have the best DJ! I found him when I was out one night at Buffalo Wild Wings on N.W. Expressway in OKC. He was hosting karaoke! The sound was so incredible, and the selection was huge. After chatting with him for a bit, I was able to work out a deal with him for doing my wedding! He really worked hard to fit my budget. I am getting karaoke, DJ and lighting at a very affordable price. He is working with me on the songs I want as well as songs I don't want. I am so excited! If you want a truely honest, great quality DJ call Prosound. (405)659-2089 I hope that helps. Congrats ladies! I have loved the pictures posted by the 14 couples in OK!
  • Venue(s)
    Cobblestone Creek - (F) We booked this venue a year prior to our wedding. It was everything we wanted. I knew the moment I walked in that this was our venue! A lot of warning bells should have been set up when the woman who was supposed to show me the venue wasn't there and her dad had to call her to get there. He showed me around and twenty minutes later Kelly (of Poppy Lane flowers) showed up with her two children in tow. Kids are cute..but not when I'm trying to plan my wedding. It was too late though and I had fallen for the venue. We signed the contract and paid the fee for the property in full. Kelly was my contact person and was VERY difficult to get in touch with. At the time of the original meeting she was supposed to send me a quote on the floral part of my wedding. I attempted three times to request the quote. Never recieved it. I had questions regarding the set up, no response to those either. I had to go through my caterer who got in contact with her and that's how I got answers. I spoke to Kelly (via email) two weeks prior to the wedding day to verify seating , etc. She did respond and everything appeared to be fine. Nine days before my wedding day I recieved a call from our caterer informing me that the Oklahoma Tax Commision had closed down Cobblestone. I was also told at that time that in January the bank foreclosed on the property and it was sold at auction in February!!  My caterer contacted the previous owner (the man who had shown me around and Kelly's father) and I did recieve my money back. To this day the previous owner or the new owner have not contacted me to apologize or anything. Kelly sent me an email AFTER I contacted her asking why she didn't tell me this when we spoke two weeks ago. At that time she did say she was sorry but she didn't have anything to do with the business side of Cobblestone. Then she offered me her dad's backyard (previous owner) for the wedding!!!!!!!! Cobblestone is a beautiful property. I loved it so much. Our invites, our programs, our welcome notes..they all had the name of the venue on them. We also couldn't do our goof booth at the new venue due to art being on the wall. So that was very disappointing. If they ever open again I truly hope the managment is better handled. As you can tell their business dealings previously were less then professional to say the least.

Fred Jones Museum of Art- (A) This was the venue our planner found for us 7 days before the wedding. The staff at Fred Jones was absolutely great. They did their best to work with us and it really is a BEAUTIFUL venue! Due to the art they do have rules, no open flames ( had to buy LED candles after purchasing other candles for the previous venue), we couldn't do the goof booth because it couldn't be set up that close to the walls, etc. But overall considering the situation we couldn't have asked for more. Everything was perfect for us and we are forever grateful.

Hibben Photography - (A) Sam and Tom are a husband and wife team. They did our engagement pictures and wedding day shots. I love them! They are the sweetest people ever and they were willing to do whatever we asked. I cannot recommend them enough!!

Events by Morgan - (A) Morgan was the best! I had several meetings with different planners prior to hiring one. Morgan and I just clicked. She totally got what I wanted and executed it on point. She also was able to secure our venue the week before and handled dealing with all the vendors in the transition. If we hadn't had her I would have seriously lost my mind. Morgan is very sweet and open to anything you want!

Madison's on Main- (A) Donna did the wedding and groom's cake. It was absolutely the best cake ever and beautiful to boot! Our cake looked exactly the way she said it would and people couldn't stop telling us how great it tasted. Donna will do any and every cake that we need from now on!

Christi Gulley Floral - (A) Christi does not have a store front but works out of her home. She has done a LOT of weddings and has great reviews. Christi was willing to work with any budget and gave me ideas of what we could do in place of more expensive flowers to get a similar look. Due to last minute changes in the venue it affected the ceremony decor but Christi rolled with it and our flowers were AMAZING.

Abbey Road Catering - (A) They are the absolute best caterers in Oklahoma..hands down!! Kris was amazing and so willing to help when the venue fell out. She bought new and beautiful linens for our reception (free of charge) and her staff went above and beyond. The service was the best. They packed up meals for us to take to the hotel and they waited on us hand and foot!

Kings Limo -(A) Used them for our vintage car get away. Love them! The driver showed up dressed to the part in a fedora! We got a ton of compliments including the crowd outside the Skirvin when we pulled up. They were wanting to take pictures with us and the car!

John T. Snelson - (A) Our officiant..I cannot say enough about John and how wonderful he was. He worked with me over the months prior to our ceremony to personalize it just the way we wanted. He was always very quick to reply to any email. The day of the wedding he was early and helped keep myself and my husband calm. John is a great person and I will always be thankful for him!
  • Capitol - No complaints here.  The venue was beautiful, the price is right (free), and everything went smoothly.  After scheduling, we really never had any interaction with the Capitol Staff (this was a good thing).  There are no dressing areas or heating/air in common areas, but this was not an issue in early November.  If you have a reception there, they also do not allow alcohol or dancing other than first dances.

Oklahoma History Center - A- Overall this was a great venue.  My only complaint was that while we had planned to have the venue from 6-10, some of the staff started reminding us that we needed to leave at 9 so that their staff could clean up and be gone by 10.  I think 3 hours is a little short for a reception with plated meal.

Trochta's - A++  They did a fantastic job.  The flowers were all that I asked for and more (and for a great price).  I could not have been happier with this vendor.

Madison's on Main - A The cakes were great and looked great.  Donna offers a ton of options for flavors/fillings and makes three of them for you to taste.  

Ned's Catering - C - The food was good enough, but the price changed repeatedly, they were terrible about responding, and the kids meal that was served was different than what we agreed to (and left some disappointed kids who didn't get what they were promised).

Soirree Rentals - A Seamless.  They delivered exactly what I requested, with setup and removal.  Nothing to deal with on the day of the event.
  • edited January 2013
    We got married in Tulsa.

Venue- Our church. St. Bernard's Tulsa. B. Chruch was beautifully decorated for christmas still. Maintanence staff was awesome, but the gym was not what I had wanted. It worked for the price though. And I didn't have to rent tables and chairs.

Perfect Party Rentals - C. My main issue was with service from them. They moved 2 months before my wedding and made no effort to contact me to let me know they had moved. If I hadn't been on their website, I would never have known they moved. Beyond that, both times I called and made payments, they didn't run the card correctly or right away. Both times, they were telling me that someone else's name was on the account, someone I had never heard of. Their reciepts were always late and I usually had to call back to remind someone to email it to me. And they called me a week before the wedding asking for final payment. NO WHERE in their contract did it say that my account had to be paid in full 7 days before the event. Not that that made a huge difference, but it was irritating to have someone so disoriented to customer service.

The French Bouquet- B. Anne Marie was very pleasant to work with...when I could get a hold of her. Luckily the closer it got to the wedding, the easier she was to get a hold of. I got a really good deal on flowers with Anne Marie because of a coupon I got from a bridal show. The flowers were not quite what I was expecting. But I understand that flowers are subject to things other than the bride's desires. Regardless, they were gorgeous. I imagine that if it weren't for the coupon I had, I might have gotten something a little different.

Al's Formal Wear- A. Almost every time we dealt with Al's, specifically the shop at 71st and Memorial, we were dealing with the shop manager who was as helpful as could be. They made sure that everyone had fitting tuxes day of and that was fabulous.

Alfred Angelo- B. My dress was an alfred angelo that I bought from someone else on craigslist. My in-store shopping experience was pleasant however. My consultant was very attentive and pulled what I asked for and some that she liked for me. I wound up buying the dress from someone on craigslist for about half off. My main issue was with a necklace and earring set that I ordered. I ordered it and not only did it take almost a month longer than they had initally told me to come in, but when it did come in, no one called to notify me. I was tired of not hearing and was calling to check on it's status and discovered it had come in. Had it been any closer to my wedding, I would have been more upset about the whole thing.

David's Bridal- B. Our bridesmaid dresses were from DB. We had picked out a style initially and were waiting for it to go on sale. When it did go on sale, we discovered that it was going on sale, but the color we wanted was being discontinued and therefore we could no longer buy the dress in that color at all. So we went back to square one and wound up finding another dress that worked in our style and color. We didn't have any issues from there on. One dress took longer than the other 4 to come in, but it still came in with plenty of time before the wedding so I can't really complain.

Sine Cera Salon- A+. Melba is a family friend, but she was a rockstar. I think at the end of the day, she had done 11 heads of hair including mine and everyone looked gorgeous. Everyone was different and melba was quick with everyone. So wonderful.

Montag Photography- A. I was pleased with the professionalism of Montag. I spent 10 minutes talking with the owner at a bridal show and fell in love with the company and their product. Our package was not only extensive, but a great deal. They charge by the photographer instead of by the hour like most other studios I had researched. I was more than pleased with the bridal portraits I had done with them and very much look forward to seeing the proofs in a few weeks.

Invited Design- A+ my H and I came across Diana's designs on Etsy and fell in love instantly. Diana was more than a pleasure to work with. Her invitations were gorgeous and she was very prompt and accomodating. I would order from Diana again if given the chance or option.
  • Anyone have an experience or review about the OKC History Center? And about their preferred caterer, Ned's Catering? I'm thinking about having my wedding there mainly because of the plane they have hanging in one of their rooms. My fianc and I are both in the Air Force and are Aerospace Engineers. Thanks so much!!
  • In Response to Re:Oklahoma Vendor Reviews:[QUOTE]Anyone have an experience or review about the OKC History Center? And about their preferred caterer, Ned's Catering? I'm thinking about having my wedding there mainly because of the plane they have hanging in one of their rooms. My fianc and I are both in the Air Force and are Aerospace Engineers.
    Thanks so much!! Posted by andr5071[/QUOTE]

I just had a reception there in November. Look a couple posts up for my review or pm me your email address if you'd like more specifics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards