New Jersey - South
Options

Poll:!!! Tackiest things you have seen a vendor do...

Happy Friday everyone! I stole this from another board but since it has been slow on here today I thought it would be fun to hear some other crazy responses. I read a thread about a reception hall and one of the responses stated that the wait staff put colored post it notes on the guests' plates to indicate which meal each person ordered. I don't know if I would really like that and never thought of even asking vendors a question like that until I read this. What are some other tacky/odd things you've seen done by reception vendors or at reception locations?  

Re: Poll:!!! Tackiest things you have seen a vendor do...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding once where they ran out of entrees for the buffet and didn't refill them. When we got up to the front of the line they just piled us up with sides and said "the couple could only afford X amount of tray refills, would you like extra potatoes?" I thought this was tacky for the caterers, and also really bad planning on the couples part.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, and I might offend someone here, but I think a cash bar is tacky. Scrimp on something else, not the bar. Beer and wine is fine, but cash bars stink. I was in a wedding with a few tacky things. 1. Cash bar, 2. I was maid of honor (it was a relative) and was included on my parents invite. Hence, my FI (bf at the time, who was well established in the fam was not invited). My dad had to call to see if I could bring a date. 3. There was some time between ceremony and recept. The bride went back to her mothers house in between and I, as maid of honor, assumed I would go where she did. No, i was left to fend for myself. I had to call my parents, who had already left, while we were doing pictures to come back and get me. Needless to say when we got to my parents my dad handed me a beer and said drink up, it's gonna be a longgggg day. Hahaha
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, yea, cash bar is tacky. The wedding that ran out of food didn't have ANY bar. (and not for religious reasons or anything) THey had planned on doing beer and wine but for some reason, last minute, cut it out. WORST WEDDING EVER.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Worst wedding had ceremony and reception in the same room.  The brides mother insisted on starting at exactly 5 and some of her family wasn't even there so people were walking in all through the ceremony.  There was no seating arrangement.  After the ceremony the bride was wondering around talking to people and then was introduced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mumidi .... you're making me paranoid!!  We're having our ceremony and reception in the same room.I think everything should work out alright though. The invites are for 6:00, but the ceremony won't start until 6:15ish and then we'll go outside for pictures during cocktail (half)hour.I've only been to like 3 weddings in my entire life and I don't remember enough about them to know if something was tacky :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some people might find it tacky but I found it hysterical. One of the waiters at my wedding let my friend drag him on the dance floor. Then she invited him to the after party back at the hotel lobby and asked me in front of him if it was okay. I said sure and sure enough he came. My mom recognized him and went over to apologizze because she didn't think she tipped him. He was all "I'm so sorry, I know I'm not supposed to be here." We partied til all hours of the night and the 2 girls she was sharing a room with let him crash on their floor. Everyone swears there was no funny business. But the funniest part was there he was in his waiter's tux at the free hotel breakfast the next morning, he didn't try to sneak out and do a quiet walk of shame. Jajph-Don't worry, I had my ceremony in the same room as my reception and it was fine. Are they setting up a ceremony area or just doing it right in the reception space as it is? At mine, they actually divided the room and changed the set-up on the ceremony side while everything was set on the other side of the divider. Cocktails were in a separate room and they quickly moved all the set tables into place.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry jajph1974 don't worry about being tacky.  The problem with the wedding I went to was that no one prepared.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Irish - To my knowledge, there is no divider. The tables will be on both sides of the dance floor and I'm basically going to walk down the center of the dance floor.The ceremony part is literally only going to be like 5 minutes. We're hoping to keep everything fun and informal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards