New Jersey - South
Options

Candy Buffet

So .. I just found out that the lady we had spoken with about doing a candy buffet for my wedding has gone out of business. Do you girls have anyone that you've used or intend on using? Anything would be helpful. Thanks alot.

Re: Candy Buffet

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know someone that stared a business up on the side doing these here is her email address cupcakesbyjennifer@yahoo.com. I hope these help you.
  • Options
    nadine72284nadine72284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! Go to the Deptford Mall & Talk to Gary  at The Sweet Stop (Upstairs next to Sears) I was so close to buying all my candy online then I went there last night & just got a price of $170 for 29lbs of candy (all the kinds that I picked out colors & flavors) I'm so excited!!! HTH GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how many people you are having 29# is not soo much. Just be careful if you don't want to run out. We are doing our own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lildaniec16lildaniec16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just can't believe that someone would go out of business without contacting people. I am not trying to do it myself; I want to find someone that is willing to send an employee to take care of it for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya our banquet manager is doing it for us and then she is buying all our containers and scoops so less for us to pack up. That stinks they didn't contact you. Did you give a deposit?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception hall is setting it up for us but we do have to supply the candy. We are planning on buying it in bulk at either Costco or BJ's. Depending on the variety you would like to provide you may be able to do it on your own. If your hall has a wedding coordinator if you have someone bring the candy the night before or early that day they may be able to set it up for you. Just a suggestion. I also heard that Mr. Bulkys has been helpful.
  • Options
    lildaniec16lildaniec16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls so much. I left a message with Tracy, who I've dealt with through the whole process, from Valleybrook. I am waiting for her to call me back. Also, my grandfather works at Brooklawn Flower Shop, where my flowers are being done, and I hope that maybe the owners know someone or know of someone. Thank you girls so much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I set up my own at Valleybrook and they refilled when the jars needed it.  I brought all the filled containers covered with saran wrap and extra candy in ziploc baggies.  It really wasn't a big deal at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did my own candy buffet. I still have all the jars, scoops and stuff. I can send you a picture. I would be more then happy to do it. I have done many buffets for people. My e-mail is kg94@drexel.edu. Here is a picture of mine that I set up at home to practice.http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/kareng1013/Picture019.jpg
  • Options
    coccopuffscoccopuffs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen a girl at a bridal show and the name is lisa's candy buffet. not sure of the website try lisacandybuffet.com but her presentation was great.  i don't think she was that expensive from what i can remember.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I'd be glad to help. I am the owner of www.candybuffetcompany.com Please let me know if you haven't found a replacement, I'd be glad to assist. I look forward to hearing fom you Sheryl Simonitis 609-578-8814
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards