New Jersey - South
Options

Ceremony Rehearsal vent

Ok so as we've been talking to officiants I have noticed that some require more to do a rehearsal, and I started wondering if we really NEED them for the rehearsal so I called my venue where I'm having the ceremony and inquired about rehearsals - apparently its an addt'l fee which is very minimal and they have a mait'rde there for you so you really do not need ur officiant there - anyways my point is, they only do the rehearsals for the ceremonies during the week on tues wed or thurs nites which really really stinks - bc my wedding is on saturday, and typically don't you have the rehearsal ceremony the night of your rehearsal dinner????? so i did book it for that thurs nite later, but i feel like im really inconvenicing my bridal party having them have to worry about 2 nights of rehearsing (ceremony & dinner) - is this typical of a lot of places?? they said they don't do rehearsals fri nites because of weddings that they may have there!! i just dont know if this is normal or not?!

Re: Ceremony Rehearsal vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't stress too much about it. From what I’ve heard this is how a lot of places are doing it now. My church only does rehearsals on Thursdays also so we are having our dinner then. I am in my friend’s wedding in October and she is also having her rehearsal dinner on a Thursday. We have another friend getting married in March and hers is also on a Thursday. The opinions that I have been hearing is a lot of dinners have turned into a small party and with having the extra day in between gives people a chance relax ect. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why did you schedule your rehearsal dinner before you scheduled your rehearsal? Shouldn't they be like one in the same? I'm confused.
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All rehersals and rehersal dinners are during the week...Mine is on a Wed night the night before my wedding as was my brothers.  The rehersal only last about an hour and then you can go straight to dinner.  I wouldn't do it on two nights b/c that might be too much for your bridal party
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My rehearsal and rehearsal dinner is on Thursday. My church does not do Friday rehearsals. I would try to re-schedule your dinner to Thursday night, or cancel it altogether and pick a new place for the RD.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    mhobbs919mhobbs919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think i was confusing - we didnt actually schedule our rehearsal dinner yet - and my mom called the place back and said that as long as there isn't a wedding there won't be a problem doing it friday night - it just is so overwhelming, i mean i tried to be on top of things by booking it early but i guess i can just wait until closer right? we are waiting until closer to do the whole planning of the rehearsal dinnersince i guess thats his parents whole thing to plan lol i just got so stressed out today when im like omg what am i going to do?! worse comes to worse we'll just do both on thurs nite since you guys have made me realize its more common than i thought!! thanks so much for listening to me vent!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married on Saturday and had our rehearsal on Thursday. We did the rehearsal dinner on Thursday night too so the bridal party didn't have to put aside 3 consecutive nights if they couldn't or didn't want to. Plus that made the day before the wedding more relaxing. Me, our moms, my aunt & cousin went and got our nails done. We took care of last minute things. Then some of the bridal party and out of town guests who were already at the hotel came over for a very informal BBQ.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our rehearsel on Thursday night and getting married Saturday. My friend did it that way and it worked out better because she was able to do last minute errands Friday and just relax before the big day. It is probably a blessing in disguise. :-) Good Luck!
  • Options
    mhobbs919mhobbs919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys for making me feel so much better about it all :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey There! It is def not uncommon to have your rehearsal on a Wed or Thur. We're getting married on a Sat and having ours on Wed. it just worked out that way. Also, about the dinner....the whole reason to have a dinner is usually because usually people are going straight from work or they don't have any time to eat before the rehearsal. Within saying that, I've NEVER heard of anyone having a rehearsal one night and the dinner on another. Just figure out when you can schedule the rehearsal and then make your dinner arrangements afterwards for that night. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards