Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Walking down the Aisle x2

My partner and I are getting married in Aug and having a very tradiation service at our church.  Our fathers will be walking us down the aisle, and we are trying to figure out how to do this with two brides without looking really silly. Ideas?

Re: Walking down the Aisle x2

• There was a post on the gay weddings board about this a week or two ago, so you might want to go check out some of the answers there.  Short answer, though- many of the ladies on that board did a set-up involving two aisles (dividing the seating into thirds, instead of halves).  Don't know if that's possible in your church, though.
  • I don't think anything would look "silly."    However, it might be kind of weird deciding who is going to walk down the aisle first, and who will be second.  I like the idea of doing two aisles, but then everyone's attention is split between two people, instead of each one getting to be the center of focus (this might not be a big deal to either of you).    

If you only have one aisle, then I think it might be easiest to do one and then the other.   There is no way this would ever look "silly."  
    DSC_9275
  • edited February 2012
    Could you do something like splitting up the bridal party? have one partners (attendents - bridesmaid or groomsmen) walk first, then one bride and then repeat with the one waiting at the front, similar to a groom waiting for the remaining attendents and bride? Don't know how it would work, but might be an idea?

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards