New Jersey - South
Options

Classic Car Dilemna--Need Opinions!

So I had booked a 1936 Packard in Ivory through our limo company and they gave us a great deal.  They own BlackTieClassics in Stratford so they have cars to rent.  They called today (2 weeks before the wedding) to say that the Packard sold over the weekend.  I am so upset!  All they have is a 1951 Rolls Royce but its white and doesn't have the same feel at all.  I loved the look of the Packard and the color since my dress is ivory.  Here is the Packard http://www.blacktieclassics.com/details.asp?VID=281774Here is the Rolls http://www.blacktieclassics.com/details.asp?VID=281773We have limos for the BP but I wanted to do something nice for FI and I.  Should I take the Rolls? 
imageAnniversary

Re: Classic Car Dilemna--Need Opinions!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many times in life can you say "should I just take the Rolls"? Of course you should it's an awesome car and you'll love it day of! I want one now!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a white rolls too and my dress is ivory but I don't think it would make a difference what color it is. I agree with Diana! Are they giving you a discount or anything? I would make them comp the rolls since it's not what you ordered. You had a contract right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the Rolls looks amazing too! But I agree with Emily, they should def compensate you for not giving you what you had paid for and was told you would have for the big day! 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do exactly what Bunchy said.... take the Rolls, but make them comp it or give you a disc. If they sold the car you were under contract for, you deserve at least that....
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  I have a receipt but I feel somewhat bad since they already gave us a discount on the car.  I guess I will take it and see what they will do for me.  I just loved the look of the Packard for my theme and dress.  It was kind of "Bonnie and Clyde"! Diana--I love the "should I take the Rolls?" comment!  Very funny!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's true isn't it? Weren't Bonnie and Clyde criminals? Is there something we don't know about you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do NOT I repeart DO NOT feel bad for asking for something. Whether they gave you a discount or not originally was their choice. They run a business and are supposed to provide the service/car that you ordered. They should be giving you the rolls for free. Pretend it was your dress. All your girls bought their dresses at the shop so they gave you a discount on yours. Then told you they sold your dress but would give you a different one...wouldn't you expect them to do something to make up for their mistake??? Be firm!!!!!
  • Options
    zanyjaymezanyjayme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Summer-I was looking at black ties also to get something last minute to surprise my FI. I wasn't sure how renting from them works though. Could you let me know how they are working things out with you if you don't mind? The guy there told me to just come in but I live 2 hours away so that's kinda hard. Do they charge a flat fee or is it by mileage? Our wedding is in Cape May so it would be a long drive for a classic. Also if you don't mind me asking what their price ranges are, he wouldn't really give me any ball park figures at all. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The rental fee is a flat rate for 3 hours.  I think its about $650 or $700 for the 1951 Rolls and a little cheaper for the 1980 Rolls.  My wedding is local so there weren't any extra charges.  I only needed the car for 2 hours so they gave me a discount, plus I had already booked 2 limos with them.  I would call back and explain that you live 2 hours away and see what info you can get.  You can offer to pay over the phone by credit card if they fax you something.  GL!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards