New Jersey - South
Options

Bridesmaid Dresses

Hi Ladies, I posted this on the North Jersey board a few weeks back and didn’t get the response I was hoping for. They were pretty much saying to have all the girls go to different Jcrews and buy the dresses, that’s not really what I am looking for. On another note, my bridal party is all up and down NJ. I am trying to make it easier on everyone and find a central jersey location to pick out and buy their dresses. I wasn't sure if any of you had recommendation in the Bordentown/Lawrenceville area for bridal salons. If it doesn’t work out then I was considering using Irma’s.

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fantasy Weddings in the Foxmoor Plaza in Robbinsville. I have never personally been there, but a girlfriend of mine got her wedding gown and alterations there and has nothing but nice things to say about her experience. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    sisemansiseman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have used the bridal suite in hamilton a few times and they were awesome.  There is also the perfect dress in Lawrenceville.  Fanatasy weddings has a huge selection, but their prices were higher than other bridal shops (my same gown was $120 more there).  HTH
  • Options
    sisemansiseman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to add that it might be easier for your girls if you met at one place and picked out a dress and they order and get it altered from a place that is more local to them.  This will save them 2 trips back to the same shop.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So you do or don't want JCrew dresses? The bmaid dresses are never carried in-store.. they're online or catalog only.I don't have any other recs. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry if I was unclear. No I do not want Jcrew dresses that’s the responses I was getting from the other board recommending the idea so the girls don’t have to travel. I would rather have all of us go to a salon together and have them order together, just trying to find a central location. Thank you for the recommendations I will def. look into them. Good idea with the alterations :)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    here what you do... find a shop near you for the girls to go with you to pick out dresses and order them from.  the girls can either get measured the day you go shopping, or they can get measured at a shop near them and call the measurements in to the shop near you.  you can order them from the shop near you. THEN when the dresses come in, you can pick them up for the girls and either mail them to the girls, or drop them off to them when you see them. this is what my friend did for her wedding and it worked out perfectly. then once the girls have their dresses, they can go to a place near them for fittings.   this way, the dresses are at least all ordered from the same store at the same time... but its not a huge inconvienience to the girls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards