New Jersey - South
Options

Honeymoon Weekend Getaway Suggestions

Hi Ladies, Trying to see if anyone has any suggestions on something we could do romantic for just the weekend (Fri9/11-Sun9/13) after our Wedding. My FI just graduated the Police Academy & isnt eligible for vacation until next year so I've been looking into bed & breakfasts but they all seem so antique-y.  Any other cute, romantic & fun weekend ideas that arent too far for us to drive to.  Any thoughts will help a lot.  Thanks in Advance!

Re: Honeymoon Weekend Getaway Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Caeser's resorts in the Poconos might be worth a try.  They have 4 different resorts in the Poconos area and they are "all-inclusive" (except for lunch) and 3 of the 4 resorts are "couples only."  You may have seen advertisements for the resorts b/c they have the big champagne glass hot tubs.  It may seem cheesey but if you are looking for romantic, def check out their website.FI and I went there for a week (it was an engagement gift) and we had a great time.  We went in March and there was skiiing, snowtubing, and snowmobiling but there is also indoor activites, like rollerskating, archery, miniature golf, billiards, etc.  In the non-wintery months they offer horseback riding, paddle boats, water-skiing, indoor and outdoor pools, etcHTH
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Inner Harbor in Baltimore?  I love it there!  Theres so many good restaurants, shopping, and then there is Power Plant Live which has all the bars and what not.  HTH!
    Pregnant with twins! :-) BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Meghan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    nadine72284nadine72284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, I'm going to look into both ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love weekends getaways! It depends on your style but here are a few ideas. As pp said the Pocono's is great! Bushkill Falls right around there is also very nice. Depending on your budget there is NYC or Cape May. Depending on how much traveling you want to do Williamsburg Virginia is also very nice. GL :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friends stay at the Crescent lodge (sp?) every year and got engaged there. It's in the Pocono's and they LOVE it!! Thye just came back from a 4 day getaway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    chustonchuston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did the ceasars all-inclusive resorts... very fun and the different suites have private hot tubs or swimming pools.... and really not that pricey for everythinghth
  • Options
    Linda123Linda123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you head to NYC check out the Gansevoort.  We stayed at the one in Turks and Caicos, there are 2 in NY.  Great atmosphere, food was amazing and the staff is out of this world attentive! The one In Turks and caicos was modeled after the one in NYC, havnt been yet but it is on our list! GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards