New Jersey - South

Any ideas for an outdoor wedding on a budget?

I recently moved to Colorado, but we are having our wedding back in New Jersey. Its a little difficult picking a veue from just the pictures online. We also have a lower budget, meaning, we don't want to go wedding broke. Does anybody have any ideas on how to save money, but still have a nice outdoor wedding?

Our ideas so far of what we like include a buffet style wedding with open bar. We heard its way more expensive, but we would prefer a live band over a DJ. I also plan on saving money by making my own centerpieces and favors. The wedding is going to be on 10/11/12.

I've called a quite few places and looked into a lot of reception sites and it all seems to be at least $100 per person including tax and gratuity. Our guest list will be about 125 people. We were thinking  more towards $60-$75 a person or lower. Any suggestions on venues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Any ideas for an outdoor wedding on a budget?

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A co-worker of mine used Masso's in Glassboro for her wedding and was quite pleased with their affordable prices (prices start at $50 pp)!  They do have an outdoor area for the ceremony, or you can have the whole wedding outside under a tent:

http://www.massoscatering.com/pages/crystalmanor.html

Personally, my wedding was held at my parent's synagogue with an affordable Kosher caterer.
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You could try the Cooper River Boathouse.  It's owned by Camden County, so it's not as expensive.  I believe they have a gazebo outside near the river you can get married at.  There are different caterers to choose, so you can stay within your price point.

I also recommend the Moorestown Community Center.  It's a non profit that recieved a huge endowement so your rental fees are less and only pay for your use.  I'm not sure if they have an area for outside weddings and your guest list may be pushing their limits.

And your wedding date is one of those dates that people go crazy trying to get.  Like 7/7/07 or 9/10/11 this year, so you may have some trouble staying in your budget at reception halls, so I would recomend trying to think out of the box for venues.

Good luck in your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Did you try the Pennsauken Country Club or the Boathouse? They both have very large decks overlooking water and outdoor areas to get married! Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards