Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Rates for Wedding Cermony

How much has everyone spent on the ceremony site? My church which is non-denominational christian church is charging $500.00 for the pastor/church/wedding coordinator and assistant. Is this normal? or is this relatively high? Theres no one close to me that has gotten married recently so, I thought ask theknot community! Any information would be helpful!!! 

Re: Rates for Wedding Cermony

• Options
    The cost varies greatly from region to region, so you'd do better asking this on a loca Chicago area board.  I'm from NJ and our prices for things might be very different from yours which might be very different from someone in Rapid City, S. Dakota.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    They vary wildly depending on the urban/rural of the area.  I've heard of people paying more than $2500 for churches in NYC, and people routinely getting them for free or $100 in the country.

Our church was $2K including everything, tip for priest, music, flowers, coordinator, and pre-cana.  It's a big cathedral in the middle of the city. 
  • Options
    My wedding is in the Chicago sububs.  My church charges $500 for parishoners ($750 for non-parishoners), which includes the church, priest, and marriage prep.  It's also another $150 directly to the required wedding coordinator, and $150 for the music director.
  • Options
    My church charges $350 for a parishioner. That covers the priest and the organist.  I expect $500 once I add in a gift for the priest and a tip for the organist.  Also if we need an altar server...which I don't think we will as we are not having Communion. But $500 sounds reasonable. I expected mine to be $500 and was pleasantly surprised when it was $350.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Ditto pps about it varying by region. I live in NYC and the Church fees were about $700, including pre marital class and ceremony music. Things tend to be more expensive here than elsewhere, though.
  • Options
    My church, Catholic, charges $725.  It includes EVERYTHING.  Classes, organist, cantor, priest, janitor, altar server, wedding coordinator.  It is a almost like a cathedral it is really big and fancy so they charge MUCH more than other churches in the area... I am from Massachusetts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards