Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Hunting Themed

We are planning our wedding for next Oct. I want to include phesant feathers for center pieces. Both of our families are big hunters.  Does anyone have ideas or pictures for center pieces for a hunting type of theme. i would also like to use candles somewhere in there.

Re: Hunting Themed

• Options
    I've seen this photo several times and I think its very nice for country / rustic themed wedding.

You could incorporate your colors to the ribbon and perhaps use feathers in some of the vases instead of candles.
  • Options
    we had a dove themed wedding. we rented candelabra that resembled trees, lined them with ivy and replaced two of the candles with feather lined nests.

Underneath, though you can't see it in this photo with bridesmaids' bouquets in the way, we hid porcelain birds.The tree motif worked well with the bird theme.
  • Options
    My cousin just got married in September and had a hunting theme...I'll have to see if I can find any pictures.  They used deer antlers, wooden boxes with shot gun shell casings hot glued to the side and lanterns on top with candles in them, etc as their center pieces.  I think phesant feathers could easily be used.  If you are hiring a florist maybe tell them your idea and they may be able to use them in the bouquets.  Otherwise I think you could think up a lot of ways to use them.  GOOD LUCK!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I googled it out of curiousity and there are tons of ideas!

http://tinyurl.com/3x453ph
  • Options
    Sorry for posting so many times! My FI and I are using bouquets of wheat in a mason jar as one of our centerpieces.  You could easily mix wheat and the feathers for a very fall, county, hunting look.  Just an idea. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards