New Jersey - South

Booked today — The Merion!

Hello, everyone!

I've been lurking about for the past few months and figured it was about time to say hello. :) My fiancé and I booked our venue today! We are so excited!

We looked at 3 places: The Merion, The Mansion and Lucien's Manor (in that order). We could not get The Merion out of our minds and in the car on the way home from our 3rd venue appointment both agreed that The Merion is where we are getting married.

Today we solidified the date and put down our deposit! I'm thrilled! The service there is incredible. Sue is our point person and is just phenomenol. We both feel very comfortable with her - not to mention she's a blast to talk to.

It feels good to get the venue set aside. Now the rest of the planning can fall into place. We are getting married 10.21.2011. Can't wait!

Well, that's it for now. Just an introduction and me celebrating one task completed out of a million LOL!

Re: Booked today — The Merion!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • lynee397lynee397 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  The Merion is Beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking!
  • LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! We loved the Merion too, so we booked for this coming November.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  We looked at those other venues as well and decided The Merion was the best choice for us too.  We got married there in July and people are still telling us and our families what a great job The Merion did. 
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  We're getting married there this June, Sue is our point person, too!  It was the second place we went to [after the Mansion] and after that we cancelled all other appointments because we knew it was the place for us!  What ballroom are you using?  We're in Skylight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • SunRun11SunRun11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking your venue!  Good luck with the rest of the planning and enjoy it!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there, everyone!
    I'm still getting the hang of these boards, so if I do any of this incorrectly feel free to let me know (I wanted to respond to each in one post rather than hit the quote button for each response - we'll see if this works, if not, my apologies!). :)

[QUOTE]Congrats!  We're getting married there this June, Sue is our point person, too!  It was the second place we went to [after the Mansion] and after that we cancelled all other appointments because we knew it was the place for us!  What ballroom are you using?  We're in Skylight.
    Posted by Lalanav[/QUOTE]

Before we got there, we were sure we were going to book the Skylight. Instead, we went with The Palace. We loved both rooms, but The Palace fits in with our theme a bit better - we're doing a 30s/40s Art Deco inspired sort of theme. I'm sure all that could change though! :)

[QUOTE]Congrats!  We looked at those other venues as well and decided The Merion was the best choice for us too.  We got married there in July and people are still telling us and our families what a great job The Merion did. 
    Posted by <span class="username_knot">Lillaurs11</span>[/QUOTE]

I hear so many people say that The Merion does a great job on these boards! That makes me feel great about our choice! I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with them!

[QUOTE]Congrats!  We're getting married there this June, Sue is our point person, too!  It was the second place we went to [after the Mansion] and after that we cancelled all other appointments because we knew it was the place for us!  What ballroom are you using?  We're in Skylight.
    Posted by Lalanav[/QUOTE]

Sue is incredible, isn't she? We get along with her so well! We saw The Merion first and then saw two other venues. We knew after our appointment with The Merion that we'd probably choose it, but I thought it'd be a good idea to look and see what else was available. We ended up cancelling some of our appointments after our 3rd venue visit. All I could think of was The Merion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards