Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Musicians for the ceremony?

Help!  I need advice for choosing musicians for the ceremony.  My wedding is going to be outdoors, and I don't want to use an IPod or play anything over speakers (I only want live music).  Because it is outside we don't have access to a piano.  What do you guys recommend?  What do you think of a classical guitarist?  Will that be loud enough for 150 people to hear at an outdoor wedding?  What are some of your other recommendations? 

Thanks!

Re: Musicians for the ceremony?

• We had a string trio for our ceremony and it was beautiful.  Our ceremony had about 80 people and they were plenty loud.  I would just ask whichever musician you choose if their instrument will be loud enough to be heard by that many people outside.  Chances are, it won't be the first wedding that they have done and they will know.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are having a solo violinist.  A string quartet would be beautiful too. I love your idea of the guitarist.

• The last wedding we attended was outdoors.  We were in the second to last row out of about 200 guests and we could hear just time.  String quartet. 
  • My dad is Scottish and I want to have my heritage included so we are having a bagpiper for our musician at our outdoor wedding.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • we are having a harpist at our outdoor ceremony, teh only other noise will be the sound of the river so i think guest will enjoy it
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
  • We're having a string duo--violin and cello.  I would have loved a quartet, but it was out of my price range.  My cousin had a classical guitarist at his outdoor wedding and it was very nice.  I don't think anyone will have trouble hearing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards