New Jersey - South

Photographer / Florist / Band Recommendations

We are getting married at McLoone's in Long Branch on May 24 next year and I'm looking for some good, reasonably priced photographers, bands and florists in that general area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks so much!

Re: Photographer / Florist / Band Recommendations

• Brian Kirk and the Jirks are an AMAZING band from the Monmouth County area; they specialize in rock and roll and big band styles. We saw them at a good friend's wedding last July in Long Branch/Sea Brite, and even before we were officially engaged, we knew exactly who to book. They were friendly, engaged the crowd, and had EVERYONE dancing. They price according to what size band you need, going up to 12 pieces for the reception, though they are very flexible and will cut $500 off if you book the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception with them; we're saving a few grand by booking on a Sunday. www.jirks.com
  • We booked Stephanie Jones as our photographer. I love her work & we both knew when we met her that she'd be perfect. CLICKY

We are having a DJ, not a band so I can't help with that & we haven't looked for a florist yet so I can't help with that either. 

• agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm getting married in Pt. Pleasant, so I've met with tons of those vendors in the area.

Photographer: Erin H Photography based out of Ocean Grove.  Erin is amazing as a person as well as a photographer!  She will work with your budget.  I can't say enough about her. She did our engagement photos back in October and they got rave reviews- I can't wait to see what she does on our wedding day!  Other photographers to check out are Kate Connelly, Vanessa Joy, Veronica Lola (she's going to be my 2nd photographer for my wedding), Artist European, and Jeri Houseworth.  

Band: Daddy Pop.  They play a lot of the Jersey Shore bars and are a really good time. Very diverse group/instruments so they play a wide variety of songs.  They played a friend's wedding a few years ago (based on my FI's suggestion) and there was no doubt we were going to hire them for our wedding.  

Florist: Something Nice Floral Desings in Pt. Pleasant.  Her work is beautiful and had the best prices of any florist I met with.  I'm also not doing centerpieces, which cut my price down a lot.  You can also check out Petal Beach in Long Branch- Bonnie's work is absolutely stunning, but she has a minimum of $2500 during the busy months, which I was not going to meet due to not doing centerpieces.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • The Verdict was an amazing band. They are a reggae band, but they play all kinds of music. They were a big hit at my wedding. Everyone loved them and raved about how good they were. Oh and they were affordable. Under $3000.

http://www.verdictisin.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • thank you all so much! i'll definitely look into these recommendations!
  • We're also getting married in Point Pleasant and we're using:
    Band: Fuzzpops - Sooo much fun! They have been at a few weddings I've been to and they get the whole crowd up and dancing and singing and having a great time!
    Photographer: Carrie Roberts from Elite Imaging - her prices were unbeatable and her work is awesome. She is also so laid back and easy to work with. Love her!
    Florist: I'm between Mr. Allen's in Brick and Petal Beach in Point. Petal Beach is more elegant but also more pricey. I don't need a ton of flowers as my venue provides centerpieces. Mr Allen's has great pricing and he's a great guy!
    Good luck!!
  • Brandywine Floral Design... AWESOME

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards