Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Aisle Runner issues.

So we are having our wedding at a park.  His mom thinks we absultely need an aisle runner.

Have you found a way to secure them on the grass?  What about grass stains from peoples footprints?  And heels poking through?

Has anyone had any success with this?

Thank you much!
The Luckiest Bride to be Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Aisle Runner issues.

• Options
    Aisle runners are a tripping hazard.  I really recommend skipping them.  At one wedding where someone fell, the wedding was halted while there was a trip to the ER.  Please save yourself the risk. 
  • Options
    Compromise by using lots of flower petals to line the aisle. 
  • Options
    An aisle runner is definitley not needed. If you want to make the aisle more noticable, do as PP said and use flower petals. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Everything I've read says you should not have an aisle runner at an outdoor wedding.  It is a tripping hazard.  Make sure your FMIL knows this and be safe!
  • Options
    My cousin did an aisle runner at her outdoor wedding, and the only way they were able to make it stay in place was by using rocks. When people were seating themselves, it got pushed around and the WP going down before the bride made it get all bunched up. I personally wouldn't do it. Tell you FMIL that you'll definitely compromise by doing something to make the aisle look special but that an aisle runner is a bad idea. Maybe line the aise with luminaries and sprinkle the aisle with petals or something like that. It's also a lot more fitting for an outdoor ceremony than a runner.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I couldn't agree more with all of you.

I have been thinking about this long and hard because I don't want any injuries.
    The Luckiest Bride to be Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Google aisle decor- I was just looking at alternatives for this for my outdoor ceremony. There are plenty of really beautiful ideas that you can do instead of an aisle runner.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options

If you are having ushers, you could always ask them to unfurl the aisle runner just before you walk down the aisle. This is what my venue suggested.

That way all guests and WP do not trample all over it, and it will be pulled taunt right before you walk down it. Though, I'm not sure how to address it if the wind is an issue...

... jury is still out for me on having one (I was opposed to an outdoor wedding in the first place, though, so I'm making a lot of adjustments).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards