Military Brides
Options

Air Force Wedding

My fiance is joining the Air Force and we won't be getting married until he is on his two week leave after Tech School.  Does anyone know anything about having an Air Force wedding?  I know we can do the sabers and cut the cake with a saber, but I'm not sure about anything else. Any insight would be great!

Re: Air Force Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011

Are you making it a theme?

If your FI plans on wearing his dress blues it will be pretty obvious. Otherwise I don't know.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah he'll be wearing his uniform. So it'll be military themed. I'm just not sure about how to go about doing any of this.  Another thing is my grandpa is retired Air Force and he would be giving me away and preforming the ceremony as he's an ordained minister, so I would like for him to wear his uniform as well. Problem there is he lost his uniform in a house fire and I would want to know how to go about getting him one for the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure about that. I know you can purchase the uniforms, but I have no idea where.

Hopefully one of the more experienced ladies will help you out.
    My fiance is down at BMT right now so I don't have too many suggestions for you. : )

• Options
    edited December 2011
    He could probably purchase blues at a BX/PX. As for what else you can do, search the internet for Air Force cake toppers. My fiance is in the Air Force, and while we aren't doing that for a theme and he isn't wearing his blues, I got myself an Air Force garter from David's Bridal. You can use blue hydrangeas to go along with the blue. Also a grooms cake with the emblem would be cool. If you want to go really far into it you can have model airplanes included in the centerpieces and your bridesmaids can be in blue dresses. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check the rules for his rank. A lot of branches don't do sabres/swords unless the service member is at least an NCO, some SNCO/O only. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be paying for the uniform for him, it will be a gift to him.  My Grandpa and I are super close, if I wanted him to wear an Ape Suit to my wedding he would.  When I graduated from Texas A&M he asked me if I wanted him to wear a maroon suit.  So I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind wearing his uniform.

Also my FI will be going in as an E-4.  Not an NCO but one rank below.  Does anyone know the rules for the Air Force with saber arches?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anyone in the Air Force can have a saber arch as far as I'm aware. You can always contact ROTC offices or customer service on base to see. The saber carriers usually need to be officers since they are the ones to receive the sabers in the first place (or else you will have to rent the sabers). Are you going to be getting married on base?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uniforms can be purchased in Clothing Sales, not the BX. I'm not 100% sure, maybe 99% sure that only the military member will be able to purchase uniforms, not the dependant. You may want to check with the Honor Guard for your ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No we aren't getting married on base, we're getting married at my house.  We have a ranch about 2 hours South of San Antonio.  We also don't have an ROTC anywhere near us.  The closest one might be over an hour a way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards