Military Brides

New here!

Hey Ladies, How are you all? I am probably going to be on here quite a bit. So I figured I would introduce myself. I am Katie, I am 21 and live in upstate NY. My Fiance is Aaron he is 25 and a Marine based in NC. I have a 2 year old son ( oh man, my baby will be 2 on the 1st, mama is not a happy camper).   Aaron and I have been friends for 4 years and started dating in April. He came here on leave and asked me to marry him on the 17th. We are planning a small wedding here in Upstate NY in february and then a big wedding August 2010 in Minnesota (where Aaron is from). If you would ever like to talk or anything I am usually online. I look foward to talking to some of you ladies. Yahoo- kh92587Katie

Re: New here!

• edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the board! I look forward to see your plans unfold :) If you have any questions or anything, you can definitely find good help from these ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! Quick comment - the Aug event is not considered a wedding if already married. We’re calling ours a vow renewal. Also, heard them referred to as marriage celebration by some. Enjoy your planning.
  • navybride06navybride06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can be called whatever you want. I had a WEDDING even though I did JOP 10 months earlier. Good luck planning!!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • heathxoxgqheathxoxgq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is such a great idea!  I didn't even think of that. My Fi is stationed here in MD, and that is where we are getting married in a month and a half! We felt bad for his family not being able to really make it... but I think I'm going to steal your idea and have another "wedding"! :P
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'd call it a celebration of marriage (ie the reception you never got to have), but you've technically already have your wedding when you JOP. Different strokes for different folks, and whatever works for you and your family is cool beans. Just word of advice -- many brides on other boards will not understand your calling it another wedding, and you may be subject to flammage. If you're set on it, then don't take those brides too personally or it'll overwhelm you. GL planning! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards