Military Brides
Options

New Post so soon to wedding delimma

Hello All,
My fiance will be arriving to his Permenant Duty Station just one month before our wedding.  The wedding is taking place in our hometown which is 23hours from our new station.  My question is should his new commanding officer get an invite?  On the one hand I want to make sure that I am being polite by asking him/her but on the other hand I dont want it to see like a handout (we just want presents).
What do you think?
Rachel

Re: New Post so soon to wedding delimma

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably invite his OIC/SNCOIC, but not necessarily the CO. I have a big long book about military customs, but it also advises leaving calling cards as a 2nd Lt. Thanks to that, I ignore it's social customs section now.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote no. He won't even be there yet when you send out the invites. If anyone gives him the side-eye later, he can just tell them that you had a small, family-only wedding. No one will know the difference. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote no.  FI is an officer, and would not find it weird or inappropriate to not be invited to a wedding for somebody in his company.  Especially if they're new.  We have been invited to, and attended, one wedding, but it was for people who had been in the unit for quite a while.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards