Military Brides
Options

help with colors!

My fiance is a Capt in the Army, so we are doing a military wedding in July of next year. I know that the wedding colors don't have to match the uniforms, but I'd obviously like them to complement the uniforms to a point.

We are having our wedding in Texas, so I was thinking that a orange and yellow with blue accents (similar to the color of the pants of the dress blues), but I honestly don't know.

Have any of you had summer military weddings? What colors have you had success with?

Thanks!!

Re: help with colors!

• Options
    aankac12aankac12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry about colors too much. I think your idea would be beautiful.  I'm getting married in May and my colors are navy and hot pink. 
    Dress blues are neutral enough that you don't have to worry about clashing.
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, go with whatever colors you want.

We're doing red and blue because it's 4th of July and cutesy IMO, it could look awful though lol. But the blues and red are different shades than FIs uniform. Oops. Oh well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im having the same issue! My inner fashionista is wanting the colors to match with the dress blues! But, I thought about it, and yeah, most colors will compliment them nicely, plus your man will be in his uniform, looking fabulously handsome. I'm doing hot pink, I've juggled navy some to pull in the dress blues, but thats just me!

Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are going with a burnt orange & hot pink !
    the uniforms dont really look mismatched with anything , so pick what you want !
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    um.. well I am doing a military wedding for July of this year. My fiance is in the Army as well and we are doing Cream, Teal, and Chocolate Brown. He is not wearing his military suit though, he decided against that. If you need anymore help contact me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards